BSP - a new demo by STIMULANS

SickBoy

Croatian Panzer division
Apr 9, 2004
Split, Croatia, Europe
www.myspace.com
I am sorry to spam this board with this post, but since I consider myself a somewhat regular guy here (and you know I'm really not into spamming or whatever) and some of you regulars have shown interest in my band, I wanted to notify you about our new demo, titled "No Words". It's available in its entirety from our site (www.truemetal.org/stimulans, section 'Discography'), as 64kbps WMA. The quality is still very listenable, while the files are significantly smaller, so the whole 24 minute demo weighs mere 10MB, which is accessible to anyone.

All comments are much appreciated. Thank you!

ALRIGHT!

Going to d/l asap, thanks for it SB, Stimulans is damn good hoping you can get a contract soon.

And yes, you are a regular here :)

P.S. Meh, just one new song :erk: . anyway I'm downloading it :D

Wyvern said:
And yes, you are a regular here :)

Weeeeee :Spin:

P.S. Meh, just one new song :erk:

Well, the first recording had a really bland and too amateurish sound (not that this one is something Andy Sneap would be proud of :D ). Since the songs it contained are some of the most representative for the band, we decided to re-record them, to show them in a better light, plus adding a favorite of ours (previously not recorded) No Words.

The band in fact wanted to do about 10 songs, but I thought it would be a useless thing to do for a promotional demo CD (who would have the will to listen to the whole CD anyway...).

SickBoy said:
I am sorry to spam this board with this post, but since I consider myself a somewhat regular guy here (and you know I'm really not into spamming or whatever) and some of you regulars have shown interest in my band, I wanted to notify you about our new demo, titled "No Words". It's available in its entirety from our site (www.truemetal.org/stimulans, section 'Discography'), as 64kbps WMA. The quality is still very listenable, while the files are significantly smaller, so the whole 24 minute demo weighs mere 10MB, which is accessible to anyone.

You are a regular so don't worry about it. AS long as you don't plaster this place its all good. Enough writing from my side I am gonna listen to your song!

Diotec said:
Really got into "Sacrifice", excellent stuff with killer riffs and :cool: solo part

Glad you dig it! :headbang:

Hawk said:
You are a regular so don't worry about it. AS long as you don't plaster this place its all good.

Don't worry, I'd never do such thing... ;)
I hate when people privatize public boards for their own promotion, as if it's gonna get them a deal with _________ (insert your fav record company here)

Enough writing from my side I am gonna listen to your song!

Alright! Make sure you throw your comments here, bad or good...

SickBoy said:

Havnt had a chance to check this out yet but I will!!!! Stimuspam is Welcome here! I wont flame ya for it!

Remember when I call Stimulans modern classic rock? Well hearing 'No Words' nothing can be closer to the truth.

THIS ONE SMOKES!

I hear a lot of Purple/Whitesnake in it, reminds me too of Rata Blanca from Argentina which is heavily influenced by Purple.

The melody and harmony are fantastic, the solo is beautiful, I mean one of the best I heard lately in a world of music where solos are getting on the side.

And I agree, production has improved a lot for this one (not that the previous was bad), now promotion is imperative. Send the demo to everyone you can worldwide, along with bands like Wolf or Made Of Iron you guys are taking OS into this millenia.

Extensive kudos to everyone in the band, I foresee nothing but grandeur into the future.

Wyvern said:
I hear a lot of Purple/Whitesnake in it, reminds me too of Rata Blanca from Argentina which is heavily influenced by Purple.

Never heard Rata Blanca, but our singer/guitarist/songwriter is absolutely heavily influenced by Deep Purple.

The melody and harmony are fantastic, the solo is beautiful, I mean one of the best I heard lately in a world of music where solos are getting on the side.

Thanks, much appreciated! :wave:
Chulyo will be glad to hear this... ;)

And I agree, production has improved a lot for this one (not that the previous was bad)

Let's be honest, it WAS bad. :D

now promotion is imperative. Send the demo to everyone you can worldwide, along with bands like Wolf or Made Of Iron you guys are taking OS into this millenia.

Extensive kudos to everyone in the band, I foresee nothing but grandeur into the future.

I wish you were right in this "prophecy" of yours, Wyv. :)
I suppose you know it's not just having a demo that you consider good, but also having connections so that those powers that be would even listen to half of your song.... There's so many bands out there, many of them play better than us, sound better than us or whatever. Us being from Croatia doesn't help as well...
But that's why we made this new demo. We don't have any budget to really make a difference, but did our best with what we had and we plan to send this CD to every godforsaken hole on this Earth even remotely interested in us or the style of music we do...
We don't expect anything, though, so we'll hardly be disappointed. :tickled:

Cheers!

Just got done Listening to it! Fucking Awsome! :headbang: The Vocals Remind me of Jerry Cantrell/Chris Cornel and the Guitar work is Great! all 4 songs came out great! I have no doubt that some label will snap you guys up! Keep up the good work! and thanks for posting that Sickboy!

EDIT:The guitars on "No Words" are exceptional!!!!