Bugera 6260 and Bugera 6262

6260 is suppose to be a 5150/6505 clone. The 6262 is suppose to be a 5150II/6505+ clone. Although they attempt at cloning the amps, they sound fairly different than the real Peavey amps, as does my 333 which is suppose to be a XXX clone. I haven't messed with any of the other Bugera amps but my 333 sounds better than the XXX it tries to copy.

~006

i recently got to record both bugera amps, i was not very impressed with either. they sound similar but just dont have the balls the peavey amps do....
i have a 5150 and a 6505+ as well and ended up re-amping the tracks with the 5150....

the lows and mids are just not there on the bugera im gonna work on getting some samples for everyone to compare, as soon as my friend brings the bugera back down here.. im gonna mic a mesa oversize,1960a w/ vintage 30s,also a 6505 cabinet... you guys got anything you want me to take into consideration when doing this i want to be as meticulous as possible to accurately compare them.. im thinking 57/421 or royer 121 as the mics run both amps same settings and same pre.I have 2ch of 1073 so i think i can capture the accuracy of the tone of each of the amps.... no eq no compression same placement

The lack of balls you hear about when compared to the real 5150 is caused by the different transformers used. Cheap transformer? No balls. Good quality transformer? Balls.

I don't see why people buy the Bugeras new when you can just get a used 5150 or XXX?

The lack of balls you hear about when compared to the real 5150 is caused by the different transformers used. Cheap transformer? No balls. Good quality transformer? Balls.

I don't see why people buy the Bugeras new when you can just get a used 5150 or XXX?

we just got a 5150 block letter with new biased tubes for 500 on craigslist a few months ago, it sound awesome.. then a 5150 2 for 700 with new tubes. most definitly worth the extra few dollars for some balls........

When I tried a Bugera 6262 side by side to the amp its coppied off, a peavey 6505, I couldn't discern much difference at all in tone etc. There's some clips compairing the two on the other Bugera thread (why isn't this thread there?). There's practically no difference.
Regarding the lack of mids and lows, I didn't find that at all. You may find that mirrored settings don't sound exactly the same, but a little alteration here and there will emulate pretty much exactly the tone of a 6505. Check out youtube. Most recording purists would say "no way, youtube clips suck etc".....but IMO, if you can hear something you like with a crappy condensor vid cam mic, chances are its going to sound pretty good in the flesh and recorded. There's some guys on youtube that have managed to dial these amps properly and get an awesome tone from them. There's also some that sound terrible, but then there's some terrible sounding clips of 5150's and 6505's.