Bulk speaker cable??

J.DavisNJ

\m/
Nov 8, 2005
NJ, U.S.A.
I'm trying to find a place that sells bulk speaker cable. Maybe I'm confused, but I can't seem to find a particular link for it. I want a long speaker cable so I can mic my cab from my bedroom and extend the head into my music room.

Also, does anyone have a particular speaker cable that they've had luck with in long lengths?? Mogami??

Lastly, anyone have a diagram on how to wire it up? Thanks,

-Joe

Lastly, anyone have a diagram on how to wire it up?

For a 1/4" plug?

There are two wires. There are two lugs on the plug.

First, pick a wire and a plug and solder them together.

Then, take a break - you've done a lot of work, and you should be proud of yourself. Grab a beer, watch the game, beat the wife, and get ready for the work ahead of you.

Now, here's where it gets tricky. You know how there were two wires and two lugs? And now one of each is soldered? You take the wire that you didn't solder... and the lug you didn't solder... take this slowly, don't want to rush and do something you'll regret... and solder them together.

Whew. Now for the other end. Match up the wires and lugs so that the cable doesn't invert the phase (or don't... it really doesn't matter if you only have one cabinet going), and you're done.

Think you can handle it?

Jeff

For a 1/4" plug?

Then, take a break - you've done a lot of work, and you should be proud of yourself. Grab a beer, watch the game, beat the wife, and get ready for the work ahead of you.

Now, here's where it gets tricky. You know how there were two wires and two lugs? And now one of each is soldered? You take the wire that you didn't solder... and the lug you didn't solder... take this slowly, don't want to rush and do something you'll regret... and solder them together.

Whew. Now for the other end. Match up the wires and lugs so that the cable doesn't invert the phase (or don't... it really doesn't matter if you only have one cabinet going), and you're done.

Think you can handle it?

Jeff

LOL

For a 1/4" plug?

Think you can handle it?

Jeff

Hardee Har Har...

I wasn't sure if either wire corresponded to a certain lug or not buddy. Couldn't just phrase it that way could you?? :p

Thanks!

-Joe