Burning a whole album (without breaks/pauzes) onto a CD-ROM...

Jun 2, 2005
So im in the final stage of mixing and mastering a band, the master will be done today and then i have to burn the master CD and send it out this weekend.

However, the songs have no breaks in them.. you know, the standard two or three seconds of silence in between songs.

So it's sort of a session CD a la biohazard's "state of the world adress" and a couple of others band who have done that.

Anyone have experience with this? i think i get the general idea of how to approach this, but would love to hear some tips from someone who has actually done this before..

Thanks in advance!

i've done this before with an EP.

the way i got round it was to drag all of the finished bounced stereo wavs into a session in your DOW.

then line them all up in the correct track order. make sure everything track runs smoothly into one another then just create bounce start and end points.

say your first point starts at 0 seconds and then the end point is at 3.50.

bounce that track. then the next start point would be 3.50 to whatever the end of the next track is.

Then when it comes to burning. just make sure the track break is set to 0 in the burning preferences.

Reaper can do this easily. Just place markers, then there's an option that must be selected in the render window but I can't recall what it is right now.

Sony CD Architect is a great program for burning master CD's. You can import a single file or multi files and you place track markers by simply placing the cursor where you want a track to start and press T. A track flag will be inserted at that point. It can be right in the middle of an audio passage so you can skip to that point with the CD player but listening to it will result in a smooth transition between tracks. You can also insert CD TXT etc. It will produce a red book standard CD every time. I think its one of the better programs around for this type of job.

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/cdarchitect

I use CD Architect also. You can "stack" the tracks so they fade overtop of each other, then easily adjust the fades.

This lets me bounce the songs out with space before and after then trim them as I sequence them. I've used it so long now I don't even know what other option are out there.

The only con is it won't export an .iso image. Wish it would.

Tom

Thanks so much guys, im looking into buying waveburner right now, or maybe a trial or something.. should do the trick!

I put the mastered aif/waves into waveburner.
Make fades and name the tracks.

Then I check for clipping (if I make one song fade in the other, it sometimes can clip if you dont make enough headroom)

and burn it