Burst

J the TyranT

Thats just how it is...
Dec 14, 2001
LV
Since everyone else has been bringing up other hands... what do you guys think of Burst? Definitely their own shit... kinda in the vein of the Dillinger Escape Plan, Red Chord, Between the Buried and Me way of doing things... but... definitely cool IMO.

"Chime in".

lmao.

J the TyranT said:
kinda in the vein of the Dillinger Escape Plan, Red Chord, Between the Buried and Me way of doing things...

WHAT!!?:ill: its nothing like any of those bands man... well ok its "heavy stuff" buty thats were the comparisons end! i did sound for a band doing a support gig with them and the definetly got there vintage pedals sorted out!!:tickled:

Its similar from the approach, not the execution. There's breakdowns, dissonant chord phrasings, monotone yelling and the like. If you're drawing a comparison, that's about as close as you can come... without throwing Converge and the like in as well.

The first name that came to my mind the first time I heard Burst, was the legendary (at least forme) Breach. However, Burst sounds way cleaner.

Yeah there's definitely similarities with Breach (although Breach can't be topped! :)), way more so than the others mentioned imo. But i get what J means too...
On the new album i feel they've gotten their own thing going even more, it's just an amazing album, then again all their albums are

resurrection!

Anyone heard the new album from these guys, Lazarus Bird?

Ive only heard a few songs, but they're badasssssssss.

This band is the SHIT... severely overlooked.

I guess I can think of two more bands to kinda compare them to. Textures and Gojira... sorta?