Bus driver conversations

wm_crash

JaKoo-Zee MC
Dec 1, 2008
Wilmington, DE - USA
Howdy,

Often enough when I hear a song, I figure it would sound relly neat covered by Turisas. Here are my top three I'd like to hear covered:

3. Vanilla Muffins - You Come Back to Switzerland
2. The Ting Tings - Happy Birthday
1. Pencilhead and the Playground Punks - Catboy

What are your top songs you'd like to see covered? (doesn't have to be 3 of them, can be more or less, . . . the only rules are: no Brittany Spears and no ABBA . . . mostly because metal covers of those two have been overrated; however Turisas covering Turisas is completely acceptable :headbang: )

cheers,
wm_crash, the friendly hooligan

Hmm I honestly think the Rasputin cover (which is absolutely awesome) is enough...
I'm sure if Turisas will cover other songs they will be awesome too...
But still, I think one cover is enough:)
So instead of more covers, I'd say: More new songs :D (Which they'll be working on after this tour)

Hmm I honestly think the Rasputin cover (which is absolutely awesome) is enough...
I'm sure if Turisas will cover other songs they will be awesome too...
But still, I think one cover is enough:)
So instead of more covers, I'd say: More new songs :D (Which they'll be working on after this tour)

couldnt agree more :)

Magic Dance from the Labyrinth soundtrack... I just want to hear a battle/viking/power metal take on this song, purely for the amusement. If Turisas can cover a disco song, surely they can cover an awesome 80's soundtrack!

I´d be rather for some developing new stuff based on old finnish folk songs, or only including parts of them...

I guess covers can be fun, especially live (for the people who don't know them that well), but there are already so many cover bands out there. Of course most just play exactly the same as the original, so hearing it in a Turisas way would be fun. But their own material is really good, so some new songs are probably better (there are some really great songs to cover out there though...)

We can think of so many things we would like them to play, but they will probably choose their own things anyways. (and after a while you get annoyed by people making all sort of suggestions of songs bands should cover).

That's the thing about Turisas, when they covered Rasputin, they did completely make it their own, which is why it'd be good to have more covers (I'm talking one cover per album as a bonus, maximum) to see Turisas's take on songs we wouldn't normally be interested in. I'd never heard Rasputin before Turisas covered it, still don't really like the original, but love Turisas's version, it'd be interesting to see what else they could do this to. But obviously I want to hear new original material more :D

i wonder how a chritmas(-related) song by Turisas would sound like *laughing*

what has a christmas-sale to do with how a christmas-song would sound like?
please help me out, I dont get that atm.

not much, but it just shows there is no boycott of christmas per se; we may just get to find out what a Turisas christmas song sounds like.

. . . unless the sale was strictly controlled by Backstreetmerch . . .

cheers,
wm_crash, the friendly hooligan