BWBK 6 Pack 3 Symphony X Tie In

Jan 27, 2005
For those of you that have been to any of the first 2 - 6 packs, you are probably familiar with what is starting to become a tradition at Coopers'Town. For those of you who have not been there - for the past 2 years at Alice Coopers'Town there has been an unplugged performance by some of the bands playing the fest or people that have not played the fest but agreed to play a set late in the morning/early afternoon on the Saturday of the fest. The first year was Candlemass etc...the 2nd year was Midnight and Ben Jackson...Well this year is Russell Allen from Symphony X.
Also playing ( separately of course ) is Chris Caffrey and another yet unannounced band ( I think ). Seeing as how Symphony X played PP a number of times I figured this would be the place to post this info...
The lineup for both days are:
Friday May 6th
HavocHate
Mnemic
Hypocrisy
Dark Tranquility
Soilwork
Exciter
Chris Caffrey

Saturday May 7th:
Deadly Blessing
Raven
Mors Principium Est
Jag Panzer
God Dethroned
Death Angel
Trouble.

There is also a warm up show with Ripper Owens new project headlining. The Soilwork tour package all get significantly longer sets.
Check out all the info here:
http://blkn-le.cce.clearchannel.com/bravewords.html

thesungoesdown said:
For those of you that have been to any of the first 2 - 6 packs, you are probably familiar with what is starting to become a tradition at Coopers'Town. For those of you who have not been there - for the past 2 years at Alice Coopers'Town there has been an unplugged performance by some of the bands playing the fest or people that have not played the fest but agreed to play a set. The first year was Candlemass etc...the 2nd year was Midnight and Ben Jackson...Well this year is Russell Allen from Symphony X.
Also playing ( separately of course ) is Chris Caffrey and another yet unannounced band ( I think ). Seeing as how Symphony X played PP a number of times I figured this would be the place to post this info...
The lineup for both days are:
Friday May 6th
HavocHate
Mnemic
Hypocrisy
Dark Tranquility
Soilwork
Exciter
Chris Caffrey

Saturday May 7th:
Deadly Blessing
Raven
Mors Principium Est
Jag Panzer
God Dethroned
Death Angel
Trouble.

Wow, that lineup is terrible; thank god for Prog Power!!! BW & BK seems to get weaker and weaker each year (yes, i do have an opinion).

Generally weak since that Dark Tranq. tour is making the rounds elsewhere, but it's good to see Mors Principium Est getting some exposure.
I thought I was the only one around who had ever heard of 'em, and I played 'em on WREKage....and then we finally got a few requests for them, so at least I knew I had some company. :)

Riceloft said:
When and where exactly is Russ going to be performing!???

It'll be at Alice Cooper'stown Saturday morning, May 6 I believe (the saturday of BWBK). Every year they have a little get together there in the restaurant and have some acoustic stuff and other fun things.

nightwish58 said:
Wow, that lineup is terrible; thank god for Prog Power!!! BW & BK seems to get weaker and weaker each year (yes, i do have an opinion).

My opinion is I think is almost as good as the first year. I like all types of metal but really like the Swedish/Finnsih melodic death stuff.

Riceloft said:
Is there a start time? :)

Sometime around 12 pm I would guess.
I think things are being finalized. I know the whole thing always starts around 11 AM or 12 PM.
The best thing is that it is free...