C4

metalkingdom

the kinder, gentler me
Jan 1, 2005
I don't know what the hell I did with the C4 settings that Andy posted awhile back. Can someone please hook me up?

You would not want to use the C4 on a full mix, IMO. I use the C4 (slightly tweaked from Andys setting) on guitars only. I send all 4 guitars to a bus with the C4 on it. For master bus the Waves L3 MultiMax is my personal favorite.

That C4 makes a really big difference in taming a LOT of the mid mud from guits. Some seriously good axe-shun. =)

Hopkins-WitchfinderGeneral said:
We need a sticky at the top of the forum with topics like this, especially now that D-RON has fucked the search to buggery.

Bring the search back!

EtherForBreakfast said:
You would not want to use the C4 on a full mix, IMO. I use the C4 (slightly tweaked from Andys setting) on guitars only. I send all 4 guitars to a bus with the C4 on it. For master bus the Waves L3 MultiMax is my personal favorite.

That C4 makes a really big difference in taming a LOT of the mid mud from guits. Some seriously good axe-shun. =)

4 guitars to ONE compressor? I know that the C4 takes a lot of processing power, but I'm not sure if that's the best way to do things. Although it's common to buss out a group to a stereo compressor (drums,bg vox,etc.), normally you'd use a compressor as an insert on the individual channels. By bussing a 4 gtr group to a stereo comp, you're probably degrading the quality of your tracks a little (or a lot).

The C4 would be fine on the mix buss, if you're good with multiband compression.

yes it works great in cubase just add a group insert the c4 than route the guitars to
that group (stereo group of course!)
cause it eats a lot of cpu or maybe you got a killer set-up than you can use more of
them in the mix ....

commandante said:
Can someone explain to me what C4 is? Is it a plug in?

It's basically a 4 channel compressor. It can divide the frequency spectrum into up to 4 groups and compress each group differently, or not at all. When you hear about it on this forum, it's almost always about compressing the low mids on rhythm guitars to get rid of some of the mud they can create. Generally you'd use only one channel to compress maybe from 62Hz to I think about 250Hz.

Genius Gone Insane said:
It's basically a 4 channel compressor. It can divide the frequency spectrum into up to 4 groups and compress each group differently, or not at all. When you hear about it on this forum, it's almost always about compressing the low mids on rhythm guitars to get rid of some of the mud they can create. Generally you'd use only one channel to compress maybe from 62Hz to I think about 250Hz.
Thanks GGI. :Spin: