Calling All Nations And Deadly Embrace.....

sex.murder.art

New Metal Member
Nov 27, 2002
Visit site
OK.FIRST OFF,I LIVE IN IRELAND.
TESTAMENT ARE MY FAVOURITE BAND,HAVE BEEN FOR YEARS AND ALWAYS WILL BE.THEY ARE SOON TO BE TOURING EUROPE AND AS USUAL ARE NOT PLAYING IRELAND!!!
SO PLEASE ,CAN WE START A PETITION ON THIS SITE WHERE PEOPLE JUST TYPE THEIR NAMES OR SOMETHING IF THEY AGREE THAT THEY SHOULD PLAY HERE.ALL YOU NATIONS ,ESPECIALLY AMERICANS WHERE TESTAMENT HAVE PLAYED,CAN YOU ALL PARTICIPATE,ITS NOT MUCH TO ASK,PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!THEY HAVENT PLAYED SICNE 1987 HERE AND NOW THEY HAVE THE PRIME CHANCE TO PLEASE THEIR IRISH FANS WHO HAVE WAITED LONG ENOUGH FOR THEM,I CANT WAIT ANY LONGER!
SO PLEASE HELP ME!
THANKS,
ANDY - TESTAMENT FOREVER!

I hear ya Andy, I know it's been forever, since I'm part Irish(the good part), I will report this to the highest levels of Testament(Chuck & Eric)..........The Irish fans deserve more Testament & more metal period. I have asked this before, always wanted to go their, it just has never worked out in Testament's prior tours.
I know Chuck has told me that he wants go their, & really liked it last time he was there(ages ago). But let me research this more & get you the right answers, good question, & nice way to have brought this to my attention...............Now let me find out what they have to say about it.........................?

Thank you very much for listening,its rarely ever people listen and go out and ask for answers.
You dont know how MUCH i appreciate all your doing for me and so many other Testament fans.
thanks again.
Andy

After listening to your Testament desperation, Chuck asked me to explain a few things that are beyond his & the bands control, as well as what he wants. First off, its not a decision not to come, as it is just a matter of not getting your country(Ireland) booked on the tour. Booking agents, do the booking of venues, dates, hotels, plane flights, buses, Etc..............Booking agents determine the size, of different venues in different cites, & countries. As well as the nights they play them & what order it is booked for. They start out booking the bigger more profitable(for them & the band) cities & Festivals. Example: London on a Friday, then Birmingham on a saturday, Sunday may be a travel day, or a small club in Belgium, & so on. The bigger shows tend to be on better days(Thur, Fri, or Sat), in big cities. After all the Big Dollar shows are booked(prior records taken into account, on previous tours), they book in all the filler up dates, to keep the band playing & earning money to support the tour(smaller clubs on weekdays). Now Testament can not just pick the city themself(Major bands can) , its the booking agents, they can suggest, but the Agent may have a reason of his own, example does not see the point of buying the Band, & Crews plane tickets, plus in shipping or renting gear, just for one show. It may be more profitable not doing all that & playing somewhere else alot closer of a drive, on the way to the next gig. Then to fly & enter another country, & leave the next day, this may cause them to travel 1 day getting there, 1 day playing, & another 1 day traveling out of the country(with gear). Now after the Booking Agent puts together a package, he presents it to Testament's Mangement, & they go over the numbers(money), & work out the details & sign an agreement. Now comes the part where there manger tells the band, "Hey you guys(Testament)wanted to go to Europe to support your new album, well here it is 3 weeks & these cites & festivals." The money has been settled, here are your big shows,
& the order in which its worked out." The band usually wants to go & do whatever they can, so they say yes. Not thinking of what cities & countries they miss, but more of what cites & countries they get to go to. They tend to think positively, & don't trip on everything else. Now promoters(Ireland Show Promoter), can lure bands for lumps(lots) of cash, to make a special one off appearance, but those are more major Platinum selling bands, & Testament's not in that situation.
Now maybe you can better understand(just alittle) their situation & yours. This is what Chuck did say, "We(Testament) plan on touring more than we have in along time." He & the rest of the band want to go to as many Countries & cities as they can to play. They do plan on going to some cities(US Tour), that they missed, or have'nt been to in awhile. But where you live is well, an Island, & not as easy as other cities to travel to. Chuck does want to go back there & play, but sometimes their wishes do not count......................Now lets see what Eric has to say...........I'll be getting back to you again, with his imput, thanks for holding out as well as all the Irish fans out there............If they ever do get out their, & I'm with them, I'll see to it (personally) that you get a meet & greet, & have all your Testy albums signed, or if you can make it to London or another European City, then the same thing goes................I hope that makes you feel better! This is my 666 th Post, maybe its good luck & I'll see you in Ireland................

Ah now i can see it from the people on the other sides point of view and it is very acceptable.Its understandable that they cant play ireland during this tour,maybe next time though,ill have to wait out like usual,it is dissapointing but its not too bad i suppose,i will see them someday,i dont have the finances to travel to england to see them for that tour,but maybe in the future.At lease i know now why they arent playing and it isnt their fault.
Full credit to you for supporting me and the irish and for saying i could get testament albums signed and stuff if they ever came here or i went to england,thank you very much,i look forward to what eric has to say.Thanks,
Andy

Ok, Andy, I just talked to Eric, told him your situation( and all of Ireland), he paused, and replied, "We Gotta go there!" He understands & wants to go there, sometime on Testament's next album & Tour cycle. Let's both hope this becomes reality, there you have it, I've relayed the Information, & given you their reply's, direct, I hope this is enough for now, Testament will return, as did General Douglas McCarthur........................:worship: