Camera policy?

Actumen

Feb 26, 2007
Park Ridge, IL
What's the policy on cameras at CPF? My dad's coming with me, because I'm a young 'un and this is my first concert... but he's not really all that into metal or anything, so he's gonna be there taking pictures. I figured I'd just make sure he can bring a camera and stuff. :oops:

What's the policy on cameras at CPF? My dad's coming with me, because I'm a young 'un and this is my first concert... but he's not really all that into metal or anything, so he's gonna be there taking pictures. I figured I'd just make sure he can bring a camera and stuff. :oops:

That's awesome of your dad!!!!
When I was 14, my friend's dad took him and me to see Anthrax, Helloween, and Exodus at the Aragon.

That's awesome of your dad!!!!
When I was 14, my friend's dad took him and me to see Anthrax, Helloween, and Exodus at the Aragon.

Anthrax was the first band I saw live too :p (with Judas Priest :kickass: )

And Actumen your from the GFAQs board right? Whats up? lol

And Actumen your from the GFAQs board right? Whats up? lol
One and the same. :) Not a lot. :wave:

I was beyond excited when I saw Atheist were headlining. I've been keeping my eye out for really good concerts coming around here so that I could go to a really great first one (And so I'd have the desire behind it to convince my parents to let me go. :lol: ), and I think that payed off.

The only thing the Pearl Room website says is "No video cameras" so I'd imagine he'll be OK with his stuff. After the concert I'll be sure to post any good pictures here on the forums.

That's AWESOME that your dad is taking you. My parents also took me to my first concert. It doesn't sound as cool, but keep in mind this was 1989, lol. Poison, Tesla, Winger, White Lion and the Bulletboys. They let me scream my head off during the whole fest and my mom even endured getting a large cup of ice dumped over her head by some party animals behind us. Bless them for taking me! It was the beginning of a very long concert history...

As far as cameras go, I dunno. I've never been to a metal fest where you couldn't take pictures. The best bet is to call the Pearl Room.

My parents also took me to my first concert. It doesn't sound as cool, but keep in mind this was 1989, lol. Poison, Tesla, Winger, White Lion and the Bulletboys.

If you want someone to lower the standards of "cool", my parents took me to my very first rock concert which was .... Sean Cassidy!! Da doo ron ron ron da doo ron ron!! I also remember thinking that it was too loud and swearing I'd never go to another rock concert again. Ha.

Ken

If you want someone to lower the standards of "cool", my parents took me to my very first rock concert which was .... Sean Cassidy!! Da doo ron ron ron da doo ron ron!! I also remember thinking that it was too loud and swearing I'd never go to another rock concert again. Ha.

Ken

Welcome to the "cool" club. :lol: That's actually fantastic! Thanks for getting that song stuck in my head, dammit. Glad you didn't swear off rock concerts after that. I remember my ears ringing for days after that Poison show. Thank goodness that I've wised up and now wear ear plugs to any show I go to, small bars included!

Wow, Alpine was packed through Maiden's set.
A lot did leave for Sabbath, which to me is complete blasphemy.

I thought I hated metalcore before I went to Ozzfest.
Then I saw dorks spin kicking to the Haunted and Arch Enemy and I wanted to puke me freakin guts out!

Since we haven't heard from the 'fest organizers about this issue there must be some problem they're trying to work out. I've just decided I'm not even bringing my cameras to Mokena that weekend. It's probably a better idea since I'll probably enjoy watching and paying closer attention to the bands playing. ;)

Ok, here's some info for Rob, et al, who may still be unawarez of the kamera sitchiation at The Pearl Room. :p

I've been to several shows there. I can only share with you what I know concerning the photo ops. Cameras are generally allowed inside afaik. There has only been one instance where I was prohibited from bringing the equip in at all, but generally they're allowed. Wider access is allowed for those with prior permission, like press, etc. In my experience, when attendance is expected to be at half capacity or less the upper level (except for the restrooms) is usually closed off, but those with wider access are allowed to roam free up there. When the upper level is closed off that also means the floor level crowd is more condensed so for me that means trying to take pics from behind a wall of tall cue ball heads. It always seems to happen! Bah. ;) Temporary barrier fences may have been set up to create proper photo pits at other shows but so far I've never seen one in front of The Pearl Room stage. I did have all-access privileges for the last two outings there so I guess I have an idea what the differences are with and without. Without it you're unable to wander around upstairs if it's roped off, and you're sometimes prohibited from taking pics if you manage to get near the stage and security sees to shooting.

Since it's been stated that the upstairs area will be open for vendors I assume that means a large crowd is expected. If that's the case, and I'm assuming it probably is, there will be a good number of people lined up around the fence up there, which is kick ass because it means the event will be a success, but for me it's sort of futile for good picture taking. So, even if the camera policy is a free-for-all at this event I've decided that it's not worth it for me to schlep 'em along this time. I may take a few pics with the phone camera if a good opportunity arises but otherwise I don't want to spend most of my time trying to squeeze in between people for the shot, therefore I'm going to go to the show and try to enjoy myself without all the pressure.

Besides, any phone camera output should fit right in with my past 2 CPF pics! :lol: