Cameron should relly think before opening his gob

Slatanictrash

Aug 5, 2009
Glasgow
Cameron was quoted as saying that

Labour have lost the "mandate" to govern after trailing the Tories in terms of seats and votes won, describing them as the "outgoing" government.

Well here is some news for you Davie boy

You only have one Tory MP for the entire country of Scotland, we don't want youse, so you have no mandate to govern Scotland as the results below shows

Labour 41
Lib Dems 11
S N P 6
Cons 1

You could say the same thing with pretty much any place where Labour dominated. You could also say Gordon Brown had no right to govern in places like the South East, as the Tories dominated there. With our political system, the whole of the UK is governed as one, and Scotland is no different. Do you believe in Scottish independence?

You could say the same thing with pretty much any place where Labour dominated. You could also say Gordon Brown had no right to govern in places like the South East, as the Tories dominated there. With our political system, the whole of the UK is governed as one, and Scotland is no different. Do you believe in Scottish independence?

Yep I do strongly believe in Scottish independence, the treaty of the Union was something that was forced upon us as we were facing bankruptcy and also the Queen of England at the time was fed up waging war with us Scots all the time and basically threatened to anihillate us all if we didn't accept the terms

Why do you think the so called national anthem has the line "The rebelious Scots to crush"

Now 300+ years on, I feel that Scotland no longer needs to be part of the Union, England no longer gets the benefit of having us and the Barlett formular is a great bone of contention to the English and to be honest, it's best for both nations to go our seperate ways

If Maggie did one great thing for Scotland, it was enabling us to start the ball rolling for powers of seperation from the Union

Scottish independence would be one of the worst things for Scotland at this point. The time where Scotland could have stood on its own two feet via actual autonomy has long passed. Do you honestly think the country has the resources and economy to sustain the current level of GDP and standard of living (which in most cases is shit anyways)? Have fun covering the sudden disappearance of disproportionate amount of funding the nation receives via the UK tax payer to pay for the NHS, infrastructure, social security, education and jobs created by MoD installations. The SNP can tout the wealth of oil and natural gas all they want, but compared to nations that like the UAE, Saudi Arabia, or even Canada (which has far more oil & gas resources to exploit than Scotland does, but still requires a diversified economy), but their plan for the economic well-being of the country, if independence were achieved, is far too one-dimensional. And would the EU want to babysit Scotland for a several years until they are truly able to stand on their feet financially? With the aftermath of the Greece crisis, which will be followed most likely by meltdowns in Spain and Portugal, I highly doubt it.

Scottish independence would be one of the worst things for Scotland at this point. The time where Scotland could have stood on its own two feet via actual autonomy has long passed. Do you honestly think the country has the resources and economy to sustain the current level of GDP and standard of living (which in most cases is shit anyways)? Have fun covering the sudden disappearance of disproportionate amount of funding the nation receives via the UK tax payer to pay for the NHS, infrastructure, social security, education and jobs created by MoD installations. The SNP can tout the wealth of oil and natural gas all they want, but compared to nations that like the UAE, Saudi Arabia, or even Canada (which has far more oil & gas resources to exploit than Scotland does, but still requires a diversified economy), but their plan for the economic well-being of the country, if independence were achieved, is far too one-dimensional. And would the EU want to babysit Scotland for a several years until they are truly able to stand on their feet financially? With the aftermath of the Greece crisis, which will be followed most likely by meltdowns in Spain and Portugal, I highly doubt it.

I agree.

This is the usual scare story that gets branded everytime we look for independence, the crux of the matter is, Scotland is a completely different country to England, before the union we were doing ok till England deliberately pushed Scotland to the brink of bankcruptcy 300 years ok, I am willing to take that gamble and go it alone, fucks sake, we are a bigger country that Iceland and Norway and they are ok

Yes but the global economy has changed a lot in the last 300 years. Also, Iceland haven't been doing that well recently, and even so, they have a big tourism sector, and has full access to ultra-cheap renewable energy, unlike Scotland. Norway also has far more natural resources than Scotland.

Yeah, Norway has one of the strongest economies in the world as far as I'm aware. I know they are the third wealthiest country in the world, and it goes without saying their standard of living is far superior to that in the UK.

This is the usual scare story that gets branded everytime we look for independence, the crux of the matter is, Scotland is a completely different country to England, before the union we were doing ok till England deliberately pushed Scotland to the brink of bankcruptcy 300 years ok, I am willing to take that gamble and go it alone, fucks sake, we are a bigger country that Iceland and Norway and they are ok

If what I wrote is a scare story then what you're touting here is a goddamn fairytale.

I have thought long and hard about justifying my stance but tbh, I don't want it to ruin our wonderful friendships here as I know this would boil into something childish