Can anyone give any input on this mix?

the mix sounds pretty good. Drums sound generic, but they fit in with the mix tightly.

I don't really care for the music though. Sound's like every other modern metalcore band today.

Oh, and good job making his crappy vocals sound presentable. Props.

the point of what i'm saying is, You did good, but i don't like the band. lol.

the mix sounds pretty good. Drums sound generic, but they fit in with the mix tightly.

I don't really care for the music though. Sound's like every other modern metalcore band today.

Oh, and good job making his crappy vocals sound presentable. Props.

the point of what i'm saying is, You did good, but i don't like the band. lol.

Thanks for the feedback! I was going for the kind of generic tight sound because when I try something that sounds more natural and different, I get told it needs to sound like a couple different bands that have that same sound. Also I think I'm going to change the snare a bit possibly depending on the feedback from the band because that is the part of the drums that sounds like super generic.

I must ask your pod farm tone, and your drum kit, it sounds very nice!

Yes, generic is bad. However gaining a generic sound is also something nice for production, because if you ever decided to produce, most people will ask for you to make that. I really liked the mix, my band's just like this anyway!
Nice job!

I must ask your pod farm tone, and your drum kit, it sounds very nice!

Yes, generic is bad. However gaining a generic sound is also something nice for production, because if you ever decided to produce, most people will ask for you to make that. I really liked the mix, my band's just like this anyway!
Nice job!

pod farm is just the mississippi criminal head with the screamer pedal and an IR I got off of youtube a while back (i think its the orange cab impulse) for the eq just high pass at 80 low pass at 9khz. also a narrow cut at 4khz, wide cut at 500hz, and a little boost at 1064khz. then on my guitar bus i have a c4 and slate vcc

for drums the toms are slate metal toms with extreme eqing going on, the snare is snare 12a, 11a, the fatality snare, and my spaun 14x7 vented snare. kick is a blend of samples including kick 10, circa kick, my tama maple starclassic kick sample, and vision kick then for eq wise on the kick i just cut a ton of low mids and boost some highs. when blending the kick watch for phase issues between samples.