hows this mix sound?

Drums sound good but there's TOO MUCH low mids in those guitars, it's awful. Compress those vocals to make them sit better, EQ the shit out of your guitars and you're good to go.

Guitars are better and good work on vocals but there's maybe too much reverb, try compress them again. I know this seems a lot that makes a good difference.

Not to be a tool, but I'm not a fan of the vocals at all. They have no inflection and aren't adding anything to the song. Even if he is going for that sort of monotone delivery, his scream doesn't even sound authentic or powerful. I would suggest a retrack, and tell him to do it like a man. That or throw some vocal distortion on them.

Other than that, the mix sounds good. If you want to get the mix louder, you should try using a clipper such as gclip (google it, its free) in order to clip the peaks of your hits. This will allow you to compress it more with the mix pumping.

Not to be a tool, but I'm not a fan of the vocals at all. They have no inflection and aren't adding anything to the song. Even if he is going for that sort of monotone delivery, his scream doesn't even sound authentic or powerful. I would suggest a retrack, and tell him to do it like a man. That or throw some vocal distortion on them.

Other than that, the mix sounds good. If you want to get the mix louder, you should try using a clipper such as gclip (google it, its free) in order to clip the peaks of your hits. This will allow you to compress it more with the mix pumping.

yes i definietly agree with you on this and we tracked for a while and this was the best i could get out of him. ill try messing more with decapitator i have it on but not like drastically.

and thanks i have mac so im running t-racks clipper on it right now last in my chain should i have it somewhere else in my chain?

yes i definetly agree with you on this and we tracked for a while and this was the best i could get out of him. ill try messing more with decapitator i have it on but not like drasically.

and thanks i have mac so im running t-racks clipper on it right now last in my chain should i have it somewhere else in my chain?

I like to do it in several stages. clipper->comp->clipper->comp

The clip is on a low setting, and the compressor is set initially with a fast attack and medium release (4ms atk 40ms release) with a low ratio (1.5 - 2) and the threshold is set to where it is just barely doing work. I do a few stages of this before I finally just slap a multi-band compressor on the end of things, compress out some of the lower mids, and then put my final mastering multiband/limiter (i use Waves L3).