Experimental/Ambient style mix - need firm input

The snare has too much of an open sound to it, if you know what I mean. I know you're going for a natural sound, but getting a tighter snare sound will sound so much better.

Dunno, I can't say I find this especially ambient or experimental, just modern hardcore influenced alt rock. I quite like the song and your guitars and bass sound ok. I'd turn the vocals up a little. However, if you are going for a natural feel as you say, then my feeling is you need to go in exactly the opposite direction with the drums, because a lot of this sounds like it could be a drum machine to me, it's that digital.

thanks for the input guys. But yeah I'm not even sure how to label music anymore with all the sub genres and such. I just put that title more to attract attention to someone willing to give input on a non-metal mix. Hmm with the drums I edited everything to grid so maybe i should take it off grid a little to add a natural feel because the drummer also played super tight and hit super hard so maybe ill just take more of the samples mix out. ill try both