need extra ears on black dahlia style band i just finished

brette344

Nov 20, 2009
Pittsburgh,PA
Everything is really boxy and low-mid centered which is taking away a lot of depth and clarity. The vocals could also benefit from a little more distortion I think, and maybe some more compression. The drums could use some humanization also.
Overall it's quite nice, I would just try taking some of the low mids out of the guitars and drums.
Did you use Superior to replace the drums?

Everything is really boxy and low-mid centered which is taking away a lot of depth and clarity. The vocals could also benefit from a little more distortion I think, and maybe some more compression. The drums could use some humanization also.
Overall it's quite nice, I would just try taking some of the low mids out of the guitars and drums.
Did you use Superior to replace the drums?

yeah after i posted it and took a break i listened back and agree it is very boxy but the snare is a combo of a slate sample and 2 superior ones. and the toms are the superior toms. i might try something different for the snare it sounds kinda shitty ha

2nd attempt sounds MUCH better. Now your on the right track my friend.

thanks man! im going to do some production stuff, put some more low end into the kick, and work on the bass tone a bit and should have the final version done wednesday. anyone else hear anything that sounds not up to par?

Everything in the newer mix sounds alot better, I like the vocals alot. It doesnt sound like the china has enough attack for my taste, if your using s2.0 maybe try another sample for that section?

Everything in the newer mix sounds alot better, I like the vocals alot. It doesnt sound like the china has enough attack for my taste, if your using s2.0 maybe try another sample for that section?

thanks dude . but the cymbals are actually not replaced just 2 rode over heads, sm7b on the hats, and sm57 on the china and ride. maybe ill try to mess with the compression a bit cause i think the cymbals need some eq cut in the 1k area as well.