hows things sitting in this mix

well things are sitting good, the guitar tone lacks of power though, and the ride cymbal's way too loud imo (i'm not a drummer or anything but that shouldn't sound like that)
bass has too much mids or something but if you like it that way then it's ok

gain, hi-mids and i don't know if they are double or quad tracked but quad tracking can do the trick in case you haven't done that
i would like to hear a mastered version, there might be things that aren't noticed because of the volume.

gain, hi-mids and i don't know if they are double or quad tracked but quad tracking can do the trick in case you haven't done that
i would like to hear a mastered version, there might be things that aren't noticed because of the volume.

they're just double tracked. but ill post the mastered version when finished

Guitars aren't tuned very well :

yeah i know thats what bothers me the most i almost re tracked the guitars myself. they came in with their guitars in drop D then decided lets be attack attack and tune to drop B. i said since your guitars arent set up for that its going to sound like shit and your strings will buzz and what not. they didnt seem to care and didnt want to do it without being in B so i was just thinking whatever im not paying for it haha

Guitars-More gain, more low mids, turn them up, tune them (lol)

Bass- Compressor or something?,

Drums- I'd widen then cymbals a little bit in the stereo field.

I like the last break down thing it sounds nice.

yeah i know thats what bothers me the most i almost re tracked the guitars myself. they came in with their guitars in drop D then decided lets be attack attack and tune to drop B. i said since your guitars arent set up for that its going to sound like shit and your strings will buzz and what not. they didnt seem to care and didnt want to do it without being in B so i was just thinking whatever im not paying for it haha

Well, I hope you aren't putting your name on it.

Guitars-More gain, more low mids, turn them up, tune them (lol)

Bass- Compressor or something?,

Drums- I'd widen then cymbals a little bit in the stereo field.

I like the last break down thing it sounds nice.

thanks a lot! im going to work on it this week and post a mix with vocals and stuff too. singer is going to take me a long time to fix his cleans