can youuu DDDIIIIIIGGGG? Heavy riffing

reg3n

Señor Miembro
Feb 17, 2009
Argentina
reg3n.bandcamp.com
Hey guys, just threw a couple random ideas into this song, composition is such a bitch!

Guess the amps if you like the tone! :kickass:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/799706/Amp_testing_reg3n.mp3

I kind'a went for the "less is more" philosphy, and it payed well in my opinion, now you tell me, guitar is guitar, bass is pitched guitar, drums are superior, and of course, the almighty LeCto and the cruel bitchslapper TSEx30 all throuhg Catharsi's impulses

Personal opinions so don't take them hard.

Guitar tone is really fizzy/digital sounding. I'd pull down a narrow band in the 12-15k region to find that fizz.
Bass tone is solid.
the overheads are a tad on the loud side, maybe turn down a db or 2.

Overall sounds nice. :cheers:

Thanks a lot man, i appreciate opinions and crits a LOT, so no worries with me, evah, having other's ears is priceless!

I find weird that you found fizz on the guitars, i've lowpassed both amps at something like 8k :S, but i kind'a hear that too (in the recto sim axes at least) i'll have to check, and work on the oh's too, i kind'a get lazy on those, thanks!

Yeah, guitars are a bit fizzy and the high mids are quite strong, some more low mid meat could be usefull, they are quite thin
Dunno if you have any samples to enforce SD with, but if you want to stick with SD only is allready sounds good...
groovy stuff ;)

Cool thanks a lot man, i love your stuff just because it's so groovy haha so thanks for that, i think i kind'a reference too much in Obzen to find a tone clear enough, my mixes usually are a mess so i may have gone the other way, i was all affraid to go crazy with the lows but i'm up for giving that a try

thanks!