Canada's CBC Radio - Now Broadcasting Canadian METAL!

David Gold

Son of the Darkest Blues
Feb 20, 2004
No hometown, Ontario.
www.woodsofypres.ca
http://radio3.cbc.ca/

We play a lot of great music here at Radio 3, and for one radio station we do play an unbelievable number of different genres, from hip hop to folk; electronica to pop and hard rock. But there is one genre that is sadly under-represented - metal.

But not anymore. Today marks the first Full Metal Podcast for CBC Radio 3. And I couldn't be more um, filled with unholy joy.

For the past few months a crack team of producers and one eager host, have listened to literally hours of metal tunes from our collection here at New Music Canada. We then sought out the opinions of a few serious metal heads and created this podcast.

You'll hear music from Protest the Hero, Cursed, Bison, and Cryptopsy. I check in with a touring Cam Pipes of 3 Inches of Blood and ponder the why behind Montreal's metal capital of North America status with legendary drummer Flo Mounier of Cryptopsy.

It's a cross-country journey through some of the hardest and loudest music being made in Canada today, and it's all in one easy to enjoy package. So kick back and get ready and watch where you bang that head. Neck injuries are not covered by Radio 3.

I gotta get some Woods on there!!! "Your Ontario Town..." :kickass:

Needs some Quo Vadis, Woods of Ypres, Annihilator, Gates of Winter. I think I'm going to download it now, to check it out.

Edit,

Zimmers Hole and Strapping Young Lad!

IMO and experience, you have HAVE TO encourage this kind of stuff when it starts to happen, if you ever want it to continue and have a hope that it will get better over time. I'm going to encourage this! :kickass:

I said the same thing about Much Loud.

Though Much Loud was a failed endeavor (because of the horrible music they play, which they consider "metal".) I will still support this! I know there are lots of Canadian metal-heads who would love this.

Hey man, Much Loud used to be pretty good, it sucks now. This is entirely focused on Canadian stuff though, and its a start for sure, gotta encourage it. Definitely great to get some Canadian metal bands voices heard.