Canadian Fans

cobhc_66

Cobhc Member
Dec 10, 2005
canada
hey i never really hear of too many canadian fans of children of bodom...so i just wanna see how many are here that are from canada.And how did u find out about children of bodom?:headbang:

i found out about them around the time hatebreeder came out, and ya im a big fan

Well all three Canadian shows on the tour so far have been sold out.

I use to be a huge fan from 2001 till now. But after seeing them live on Nov. 22 I haven't listened to them and have been listening to "2nd rate metal". (The bands I like but always thought of 2nd best to my favourites)

I'm from the hurtin unit which is Wyevale, Ontario, Canada and I'm a big fan of them. The only reason I ever started listening to them was because I downloaded a Cradle Of Filth song on Kazaa that was called Follow The Reaper for some odd reason and realized it wasnt Cradle at all, did a little research with the help of google.ca and found Children Of Bodom!

I'm canadian too...well in fact i'm from Quebec (and yeah i'm a separatist) and i discovered CoB 4 yers ago when I started playing guitar...i wanted to know another band except Metallica or Megadeth...

From Hamilton Ontario.

I was looking up guitar tabs on Tabit.net, and saw children of Bodom being added constantly, looked at the tabs and went "woah this shit looks cool".

My friends then told me "yeah they are fucking wicked, their lead singer is also the lead player", got a few of their songs and fell in love. Bought Follow the Reaper, and Hate Crew Deathroll, and FTR still remains one of my favourite albums.

I found them to be a welcome change from the useal 80's Metallica, and Megadeth I had going on, and they really intruduced me to synth in heavy metal. Up to then I only knew synth from Rush, but they introduced me to a more classicaly influenced style of metal, and Finnish metal in general.

im from pickering and i got into Cob from my younger sister. she started listening to metal and i just listened to whatever was playing on the stereo and it just amazed me. and we only had the hcdr album that time.

Well once reroute to remain was out, and dark tranquillity was getting boring as well as soilwork, i was look for some new bands to listen to, ANd someone on the In Flames msg board had Children of Bodom as one of them, and since then i have found cooler bands from the great forum whores here. I got FtR first, as I heard a few songs and was shocked. Was hooked, now.... not so much.

I got into Sonata Arctica via a friend who found them on a P2P network...a year later I had expanded my musical pallette to other melodic power metal bands like Nightwish and Kamelot. Then I heard COB and Skyfire, and that opened my mind to harsh vocals. I've since gotten into other styles of metal too, my tastes range from power metal to thrash metal to death metal to stoner metal to you-name-it.

I'm from Dorset Ontario, and I found CoB through a guy in one of my classes in highschool. He drove me and a friend to our field trip place and was blasting CoB out the stereo, and I liked it and found more.

I'm from Gatineau, Quebec(near Ottawa)
Went to the show in Montreal yesterday
God it was soo good!!
I discovered Children of Bodom by a small group that made a cover of Follow the Reaper...
I also listen to Ensiferum(viking), Wintersun(melo), Dimmu Borgir(they are soo good but they wont come for a show in canada :(, In Flames, Kalmah and of course, At the Gates

I was basically just chilling in my jam space with my band and a couple other guys when this one guy started playing guitar.He was playing ''every time i die'' and i was like ''fuck man chris did you write that?'' He was like no man.Thats children of bodom.I was like what???? so anyway i downloaded that song along with a couple others and they immediately became my fav band along with in flames who was introduced to me shortly after.Anyway i own every c.d. except for the new 1 wich i havnt gotten around to getting yet.

Ottawa here. I found out about Bodom about 4 years ago, I found HATEBREEDER on the street, picked it up and was a huge fan eversince. I then told my friends about them and learned that they were already into them... fuck those ass holes for not telling me.

trapper_87 said:
Ottawa here. I found out about Bodom about 4 years ago, I found HATEBREEDER on the street, picked it up and was a huge fan eversince. I then told my friends about them and learned that they were already into them... fuck those ass holes for not telling me.

Lucky bastard I cant find that album anywhere unless I order it. :hotjump: