Cancellation- a note

TexasBeth

Yes, that's my daughter
Jan 26, 2009
Houston, TX
www.myspace.com
This is a personal note- not the formal statement to those who have followed on this board and supported the idea of this event.

One of my sons has a very serious health issue. While the details of this are personal and private those I have spoken with who have inquired I have told what is going on. All of my energy and focus must be redirected to this situation.

I understand the extreme disappointment of this event not going forward. No one is more disappointed than I am. This event was a dream for me for a few years leading up to now. I cannot express in words how deeply sorry I am to be forced to make this decision.

The process of canceling with the ship, the bands, and the passengers is underway and refunds WILL BE issued. An email and many calls have been made to handle this with the personal touch I've tried to use throughout the entire event.

Thank you in advance for any support (past, present or future), your understanding, and thoughts and prayers.
Beth

Family is absolute priority- always.

You are in our positive thoughts.

There will be another time...

I sincerely echo the sentiments of those who have posted above me. There will always be another opportunity for the cruise in future.
Light and positive energies to you and your family, Beth, for a quick and positive resolution to this...

I am very sorry to hear about your sons health issue Beth, I truly wish you and your family all the best in this hard time, you have my thoughts and prayers.

That's right Stacey, family is first, its something I am dealing with right now myself and a concert can be rescheduled. I am sure that Beth will receive a 1000% support from everyone.

Bear

This really stinks! I just got back from Lake Tahoe last night, only to find out that the TPC was canceled. Only if you knew just how much I was really looking forward to this.

However, I can certainly understand and had the roles been reversed, I would've done the same thing. I.e., if, on the days leading up to when I was to leave, I find out my mother is in the hospital with only days to live, I'd drop it and head up there to be beside my mother.

Also a shame that somebody else could not temporarily step in and keep the ball rolling on this though.

I'll need to contact Frankie (the guy I was going to share a cabin with) tonight and see what he wants to do. I am inclined to cancel the whole thing and take a refund to save for the next time if this can be done again. Yeah, the cruise itself would be fun, but the whole point for me was to also see the bands as well and to get to hang out with like minded fans.

My heartfelt and sincere prayers to Beth and family. If you have anything you need, let me know and I see what I can do.

I can only hope we can try to sail again in the future.

Beth,

I'm terribly sorry to hear of your son's health issues and you having to make such a heart-wrenching decision. I know what this cruise meant to you and fully understand that it was not an easy decision to swallow. However, family does come first so yo made the right decision. It is a shame that you were not able to toss this over to someone else in order to have the event continue, but that isn't exactly very easy to do with something this size.

Barb and I extend our heartfelt wishes of good health for your son (and you for having to go through a parent's worst nightmare). If you need anything or someone to talk to, don't hesitate to call/ask.

Rick and Barb Pierpont

You and your son are in my heart, Beth. I know this was a heartbreaking decision to make but I agree with everyone else - family comes first. There will be other concerts/cruises/etc, but only one family. Take care of yourself and yours, and we'll all be here when the time comes for another try. :)

Wanted to drop in a serious THANK YOU! for the warm wishes. The news keeps fluctuating from horrible back to bad, back to horrible. We got a hair of good news the other day in the third revision of what they think is wrong with my son's heart. It put us back outside the catastrophic zone which is where I hope to stay. The 12th is hopefully going to bring some further answers.

Because a comment here and there is being forwarded to me from varying forums across the net- I just want to say I don't want to go in and debate the finer points of the hows and whys with people who weren't going on or supporting this event. It isn't a slight of any sort but it's also not worth my energy of which I have limited pools of and I believe in taking the high road. I appreciate that some folks felt the need to stand up for my decision- I appreciate it more than you know- but I'm not going to 'defend' a cruise vs. my son, I refuse to. Yall get it- that's all that matters.

ANYONE who had planned to cruise with this event, who asked, was told exactly what is going on. I feel I owe you guys that much. I'm working my ass off to try and get all of this finalized and done. Thank you again for the support and NOTHING would make me happier than to see my son back on active duty (he's in the Navy being thrown out of helicopters into the ocean like he loved and me attempting to plan for a future event which I loved.

In the meantime- Support live music- get your asses back to ProgPower this year and I hope to be there myself to share a beer. :kickass:

Thank you for the update, Beth. I never asked, as I figured it was really none of my business-I just knew that for you to do this it had to be damn serious.

Again, my thoughts and best wishes are with you and your family, and hope for good news for you on the 12th. Please keep us updated if you can!

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family Beth in this time of stress and uncertainty. I know it was hard for you to cancel something you had put your lifesblood into, but FAMILY is first and foremost. There will always be another time and place for your cruise, but family is now, and they are forever.