Canchroid - Technical Brutal Death Metal - "The First Slaughtering" EP Out Soon

DeadMeatGrinder

New Metal Member
Mar 9, 2010
canchlogosmall.jpg

Technical Brutal Death Metal band from Portugal!

Bio

Founded in the end of 2008 by DeadMeatGrinder, Canchroid first started with Neurological composing the songs and DeadMeatGrinder doing the vocals. 2 songs composed and online, Neurological left for unavailability reasons, leaving DeadMeatGrinder alone and seeking for new musicians to fill the free spots. After some talking Tiago Campos(ex-Fractura Exposta) accepted the proposal for playing guitars and along with him João Nunes(ex-Fábrica d’ Brinquedos, ex-Dados Viciados, Fuckface Reptillians, Cryptor Morbious Family) to play bass. After some more seeking for musicians, Tiago Campos knew two guys who accepted joining the band who were Emanuel as guitars and Miguel playing drums. Band complete, some composing and rehearsals, Emanuel and Miguel decided to leave due to unavailability. Now reduced to three members, João Nunes spoke to his friend João Santos(ex-Opium Dreams, ex-Fábrica d’ Brinquedos) and after some talking he accepted joining the band as guitars, with his creative ideas and compositions, great for the band. Now with 4 experienced and talented musicians, later on Ricardo Barrinho(Fábrica d’Brinquedos) joined playing drums. Steady line-up, Canchroid composed and rehearsed to later be playing at the local festival Alentejo Sem Lei 2009 opening for internationally known Goregrind band Holocausto Canibal. Successfully did a good show and had good reviews by the crowd, Ricardo Barrinho decides to leave the band due to personal reasons. After some seeking for a new drummer, Ricardo Barrinho returns and Canchroid gets its line-up complete again ready to tear down the national stages and foreign lands.

Line-Up

DeadMeatGrinder - Vocals
Haemarthrosis - Guitar
Dr. Morgue - Guitar
Peter Pain - Bass
Oblivion - Drums

Official MySpace

www.myspace.com/canchroid

Contacts

Band : canchroid@hotmail.com (booking/pre-order/any other info/MSN)
Members : deadmeatgrinder@gmail.com

EP "The First Slaughtering" will be released 20th May!

This EP will cost 5 € + shipping costs to Europe. America can also buy it, just ask us through e-mail.

Composed by 4 tracks which are:

1 - Slaughterhouse Orgy
2 - Blessed Bodies Rotting
3 - Decapitated Soldiers from Apocalypse
4 - Demência

Track from the EP available at our myspace : www.myspace.com/canchroid

Cheers!:kickass:

Review to EP "The First Slaughtering"

"Very interesting this debut ep of Canchroid, a project based in Portugal that carry on the flag of brutal music in a quite personal way. Basically the style of the band could be marked as brutal death metal, but listening to the 4 tracks that you can find into "The First Slaughtering", you can listen something more. I'm not telling that those guys is trying to invent something new adding some weird influences that nothing have to do with metal, but is more about variety and arranging.

Their death metal got all characters of various sub-genres that distinguish the style, so here and then you can listen powerful brutality, high-class instrumental skill, melody, atmosphere and so on. This ability of the band let this debut mcd very good and fresh, because you will not be blasted for the whole lenght only by violence like most of the bands that actually are around. And considering the fact that this bunch of tracks are just the first effort of this young band, we can only await from them a good future. "Demencia" is probably the classic one of the ep, considering the way it starts. The strophe is quite typical, with a typical riff, that is cutted by a furious blast where you can appreciate the growl of singer Deadmeatgrinder. Very good the mid-tempo part, embellished by various guitar sweeps and a solo with a classic taste. From the beginning you can hear the very good background of the members on their own instruments.

Carried by a great name, "Slaughterhouse Orgy" is a great example of death metal with all his details at the right point. Based most of the time on a blast-beat, the song here and then offers some slow parts very obscure, where the singer vomit his hatred in a pure form. Very good the guitar work, with some excellent solos and lead, both technical and melodic. On the same level "Blessed Bodies Rotting", that reminds me something of Cannibal Corpse in a more approachable way. The stop'n'go are perfect and on the slow parts the band have great ability to create some intense atmosphere. Despite the production is good and clean, I think that guitars with more presence and deepness would help the whole work to be more violent. The high point of "The First Slaughtering" is "Decapitated Soldiers From The Apocalypse": pure fucking death metal with excellent atmospheres, where the guitar is the main leader of the situation thanks to various scores that immediatly remind mastermind Chuck Schuldiner and Death. And moreover, in the second part you will be shocked by a superb slow part of clean guitars, helped by the bass guitar and drums to create an acid, bluesy, smoking intermezzo, and I repeat myself: excellent!

Lately I had some problems with death metal, because I havent find some really interesting band: I'm not searching for something new, fresh or particular, I don't need avantgarde things in that kind of music. But I need great riffs, interesting patterns, deep atmosphere at the service of brutality. Canchroid is a dim of light into the dark of the scene, for sure a big hope for the future."

Review by Pesten, from Tundra, Slava Satan Records and Oblitteratus Radio.

http://www.slavasatan.com/tundra/news.html

http://www.slavasatan.com

http://www.oblitteratusmetal.pt.vu