Candlemass dvd with mike!

DEMIgOD

Aug 9, 2004
I knew about mike singing a candlemass song on stage in march, but i didnt know they taped it, and it was going to be released on dvd. blabber says :

CANDLEMASS filmed its 20th anniversary concert on March 31, 2007 at Stockholm's Kolingsborg for an upcoming DVD, tentatively due in October/November via Snapper/Peaceville. CANDLEMASS performed with no less than seven (!) different vocalists — including the band's former singers Johan Langquist and Tomas Vikström, plus the group's latest addition, Robert Lowe of SOLITUDE AETURNUS.

The complete list of vocalists that performed with the band is as follows:

Johan Langquist (ex-CANDLEMASS)
Tomas Vikström (ex-CANDLEMASS)
Mikael Åkerfeldt (OPETH)
Mats Levén (KRUX, THERION, ex-YNGWIE MALMSTEEN)
Robert Lowe (CANDLEMASS, SOLITUDE AETURNUS)
Tony Martin (ex-BLACK SABBATH)
Janne Christoffersson (GRAND MAGUS, SPIRITUAL BEGGARS)

In addition to the concert footage, the DVD will include interviews with all the vocalists from that evening as extra material.

Check out video footage from the March 31, 2007 gig at YouTube.

CANDLEMASS new album, "King of the Grey Islands", was released June 22 via Nuclear Blast Records.

Tomas Vikström was totally awesome with Therion last week. Glad this show is coming out on DVD, though I didn't really think Mike's singing was all that great, specifically the "ring brother" part.

Tomas Vikström was totally awesome with Therion last week. Glad this show is coming out on DVD, though I didn't really think Mike's singing was all that great, specifically the "ring brother" part.

Dude, I'm debating whether to go to Therion or not. Its 1 1/2 hrs away. Tell me the show will be worth it.

Dude, I'm debating whether to go to Therion or not. Its 1 1/2 hrs away. Tell me the show will be worth it.
I think I'm pretty late, but Therion are definitely worth it. They're insanely good performers, and their interaction with the crowd is immense. They play tight as fuck, and they sound great. Also great setlist.