Candlemass last album.

Wyvern

Master of Disaster
Staff member
Nov 24, 2002
"Psalms For The Dead" will be available on June 5th.

Leif Edling said this will be the last Candlemass album. Since I have listened to the single they released containing the two album songs 'Dancing in the temple of the mad queen bee' and 'the killing of the sun', I only have to say...

PLEASE DO NOT STOP NOW!
r8wu.gif

As grateful as a metalhead can be, that the swan song of any band will be a great one (like "Painkiller" should have been for Judas Priest as an example), listening to the new Candlemass material just left me hungry for much more.
If you like the previous two albums with Robert Lowe at the vocals, you can rest assured the coming one will be more of the same and sadly the last :cry:

I wonder if any of their albums since 1989 excluding the 2005 s/t is worth getting?

I think Candlemass is worth having in two segments:

1) Nightfall 1987
Ancient Dreams 1988
Tales Of Creation 1989

2) Candlemass 2005
King Of The Grey Islands 2007
Death Magic Doom 2009

And of course the upcoming one.

The rest is mostly for hardened fans.

Ok thanks Wyvern for responding.I do have all the 80s albums and the 2005 s/t.I think ill get the 2007,2009,and the new one.

I bought the album yesterday and my impression after the first few spins is that this one is their best with Robert Lowe on vocals. There are also some nice guitar solos and I really like the keyboards and Hammond organ. The only thing I'm not that fond of are the spoken words parts on the last song.

Too bad if this really should turn out to be their final album.

np: Candlemass - "Psalms For The Dead"

The only thing I'm not that fond of are the spoken words parts on the last song.

Too bad if this really should turn out to be their final album.

I agree on both counts. The album could have done a lot better without that last song. All and all, I already pre-ordered it.