CANDLEMASS: Opinions? Roll Call Mokena Show May 24?

I've just recently discovered this band myself, but I don't own anything of theirs. I intend on buying some of their stuff soon though. From the samples that I've listened to and the videos that I've seen, they just might kick some ass! :headbang:

~Brian~

Go to the show! Saw them in NYC on Tuesday. I've become convinced that Robert Lowe is one of the best singers in American metal, along with Warrel Dane. The riffage was classic; I can't wait for the follow up to King of the Grey Islands, because I don't care to listen to the band with Messiah on vocals. Solitude Aeturnus also rules—make sure you get their latest, Alone. Modern production and outstanding songs.

Sometimes, it is amazing to live near New York City. Where else could you see Candlemass on a Tuesday followed by Opeth (with Dream Theater) the next two nights? Oh, and the molten power metal of Van Halen tonight, ha ha. What a week it's been!

Go to the show! Saw them in NYC on Tuesday. I've become convinced that Robert Lowe is one of the best singers in American metal, along with Warrel Dane. The riffage was classic; I can't wait for the follow up to King of the Grey Islands, because I don't care to listen to the band with Messiah on vocals. Solitude Aeturnus also rules—make sure you get their latest, Alone. Modern production and outstanding songs.

Sometimes, it is amazing to live near New York City. Where else could you see Candlemass on a Tuesday followed by Opeth (with Dream Theater) the next two nights? Oh, and the molten power metal of Van Halen tonight, ha ha. What a week it's been!

Yeah, rub it in. We live in Grand Rapids, which always does its best to live up to the nickname Bland Rapids.

Solitude Aeturnus seems to be a favorite around here. What I've heard so far impresses the hell out of me. Robert Lowe is an amazing vocalist.

Are they ProgPower material? They've been around quite awhile. They're well respected. They're not really "peppy," though. No prog in their doom. But I'd love to see them.

Candlemass tomorrow night!

And, of course, Giordano's Pizza. We can't go to Chicago without eating at Giordano's.

I do find SA does have enough prog influence evident in their music that they would appeal to anyone who really likes, for example, 90s Fates Warning.

They do have a mix of Candlemass ( duh ), Older Fates Warning, Sabbath Etc. That I'm sure would make most of the PP crowd enjoy a performance by them.
SA was/is a great band regardless of what they are labelled.

Solitude Aeturnus were excellent at last year's Chicago PowerFest and I look forward to seeing them again. I only started listening to Candlemass when I found out that Robert Lowe was their new singer. King Of The Grey Islands is a great CD. I am looking forward to the Mokena show tonight.

Yeah, rub it in. We live in Grand Rapids, which always does its best to live up to the nickname Bland Rapids.

My friends and I used to call it "Bland Crapids". :)

If you have the night off, GO TO THIS SHOW! I just saw it in Cleveland and it was excellent, though not very well-attended. Robert Lowe is quite possibly the most spot-on vocalist I've ever seen live. Icarus Witch was also great.