Candlemass Sucks

Agalloch

The Purest of Doom
Nov 29, 2003
AZ
If you've heard one Candlemass song, you've heard them all. All their albums are produced like garbage and their vocalists (any of them) are shit. Discuss.

Candlemass are great, but epicus doomicus metalls is their only true 666/10 buy or die album. Most of the others are also good but none come close

I only have Epicus Doomicus Metallicus and Nightfall. I didn't know the band until I stumbled upon a slipcase copy of Nightfall at Amoeba Music in San Francisco maybe 10 years ago, which I purchased because of the fucking awesome cover art alone.

Both albums are solid 9/10 stuff. I don't really need to explore them further, but nothing is preventing me from doing so. Not even this thread!

I have Ancient Turds and it was pretty cool for a few days. I also bought that one that came out a few years ago. I think it was self-titled. It sucked.

i've got mixed feelings. i enjoy their first four, but to me they are not the end all be all of epic doom. Hardly even close. Scald, Solitude Aeternus and Solstice are mega better. Messiah gets annoying very quickly. And every time I hear Solitude I want to rip someone's eyes out and piss on their brain. That song is so annoying and I hate that every band wants to cover it.

I've heard some others, including the "black sabbath album" and it's just OK.

Well, nope

Epicus is 10/10 flawless one of the finest, most important albums to come out of Sweden ever

So how come the original vocalist dude never did much else beyond Candlemass? That guy ruled. As much as I enjoy Messiah on Nightfall, when I finally heard Epicus Doomicus Metallicus I was all "...whoa" at the vocal performance therein.

rockout.gif

all of the pre-candlemass stuff is great swed-hm

mappe björkman was in atc:

johan langqvist was in, as said, jonah quizz:

and of course, there's leif's nemesis:

Last edited by a moderator: