Cannibal Corpse artwork

The Fiddler

Just Do It.
Nov 27, 2002
Heaven and Hell
Is it just me, or does anyone find the Cannibal Corpse artwork be totally tasteless? How many times do we need to see a variation of some very poorly drawn whore with legs spread eagle while she gets her box ripped open by some creature?

While I agree that Cannibal Corpse has the freedom to depict whatever they want on their CD jackets, I think they could try to find a more creative way to represent themselves and the metal community. To me their CD jackets are nothing more than publicity stunts and an embarrasment to those of us who are proud to call ourselves metalheads.

The Fiddler said:
Is it just me, or does anyone find the Cannibal Corpse artwork be totally tasteless? How many times do we need to see a variation of some very poorly drawn whore with legs spread eagle while she gets her box ripped open by some creature?

While I agree that Cannibal Corpse has the freedom to depict whatever they want on their CD jackets, I think they could try to find a more creative way to represent themselves and the metal community. To me their CD jackets are nothing more than publicity stunts and an embarrasment to those of us who are proud to call ourselves metalheads.
Cannibal Corpse are kind of stale in general, and this is coming from a death metal fan. their early stuff is good, but i haven't had any interest in seeking out their later stuff. they are firmly planted in a rut. I still like their shows, though. all in all, Suffocation do what Cannibal Corpse do much better than they do it, and I'm thrilled that Suffocation are finally back together. they have better album art, too. (most times courtesy of Dan Seagrave)

Ryan