Cannot switch to ASIO without a crash

Mooch

Jun 3, 2010
So has anyone had this happen? Whenever I open my DAW, I switch to ASIO and my DAW crashes. I thought perhaps it was an isolated incident so I tried it again and the same thing happened.

I opened up Amplitube and it too crashed when I switched to ASIO. I reinstalled the drivers thinking it might be a bug and had the same results. So...I reinstalled Reaper, Amplitube, even Guitar Rig and am having the same issue.

I posted a video to show what exactly is happening and for the life of me, cannot seem to get why this is happening. Yesterday, everything worked just fine. Yet today it isn't.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am going to say that your sound card/interfaces ASIO drivers are shit, as I have had similar experience with horrible ASIO drivers. Quick way to check is to download ASIO4ALL and see if that gives you better results. If that still doesn't work it can be possible that your soundcard is faulty, it doesn't like your motherboard's chipset, or it doesn't like your OS.

But what I don't get is why it would work one day and not the next. It's not suddenly it decides it doesn't like Windows 7 or my motherboard. Then again, knowing my luck, anything is possible.

I tried ASIO4ALL before and it didn't work at all.

Strange. *shrug*

It looks like you're only getting an app crash. Did you update anything? Tried going through msconfig and whacking all other things in startup and run with a clean config? Could be a sharing issue with apps and the device.