Can't believe there hasn't been a Bruno thread yet...

As I was rushing back into the theater from making sure I had fully emptied my bladder before the film started, I scuttled past some young kid (12-14ish?) and his mom entering the theater, with the mom asking "so what kind of movie is this again that we're seeing?" and the kid just kinda mumbled something. They sat in the row behind us so before the rest of the crowds came in I could hear them chatting a bit more, and at one point I hear her just say "so he's GAY?!" acting all confused.

I knew that couldn't end well and was delighted to have my expectations reaffirmed when the mom goes running out of the theater not too long into it. But the kid waited until whatever scene was going was over before he went running out after her, never to return!

Kids suck.

64C3F4C7DFACF53EAFF66243F3748.jpg

I don't know about being as funny as Borat; that would be pretty hard to do anyway. With Borat I was laughing even as the opening credits were rolling, but Bruno sort of took a while to get started. It did have awesome moments, but it was easy to tell that a lot of it was scripted.

I saw Borat in a theater, and I was a little disappointed because when it came out everyone was like OMFGFUNNIESTMOVIEEVER and it definitely wasn't that, but I just rewatched part of it on tv and it did indeed bring the lolz when my expectations weren't so high. Bruno looks funny, but I pretty much never go to movie theaters so I'll probably just download it.