Can't get these clean vocals to sit well

HostileEx

Jun 24, 2011
Missouri, MO
I'm a horrible singer first of all, but I'm trying to get them to sit as well as I can.

I just threw this track together, trying to combine many different elements, to practice my mixing skillz. Guitar/Screams/Keys/Cleans are me. Bass and Drums are programmed with FL Studio, Sub drop with NL Massive.

Please be as mean as you can, mixing wise. I understand the song isn't very well put together, I composed the entire thing in 4 hours or so. Just looking to make it sound good for mixing practice. Any suggestions or what-not are GREATLY appreciated.

Rock on!:headbang:

*I updated the track. Cleans fit much better, fixed various other problems. Any suggestions? Please. =)

Last edited by a moderator:
The telephone effect at the very beginning is intentional. I double tracked the cleans and did telephone the second track, but that was to brighten up the vocals a tad. The screams are not telephoned at all.

Yeah the telephone effect is definitely what I hear. Also, it sounds like you are using vocal correction on the cleans - and if you are I don't think you dialed in the right key of the song. It seems like it's pulling your voice into bad notes. I'm really not trying to be funny or mean at all. I know you said you aren't a singer but I think some vocal correction tweaks could help. Anyway, I think your voice needs much more body.

-Jonathan