Capital Letters: Yea or Nay?

If i can understand what you are writing then i have no problems with it (unless it takes a more than normal amount of effort to do so).

The point of language is to communicate, language rules are there to assist in accurately communicating thoughts to other beings (to remove ambigiuties and other different things).. so my conclusion is that if some kind of rule assists in accurately getting a point across then do it, but i mean why would anyone capatilise their "I"s? i certainly dont most of the time, what exactly does it achieve?

Oof... it seems to be 50/50. I'm considering to drop the beginning caps, on the other hand all-lowercase writing is unfortunately often being interpreted as a representation of being a chatoid (a-la the "style" quoted by Oyo) or being sloppy/unhighsociety... but after all, e.e. cummings didn't care a lot for "respectability."

Capital letters in this particular case don't achieve much, I think. It's only tradition: with all the net-speak developments it's quite possible that in 50-70 years the beginning-caps will be dropped in the western world. Capitalizing the "I" is beyond silly too -- but look at the poor Germans, they've got to capitalize every fukking noun, for Leibowitz' sake! What a cauchemar! :eek:

Originally posted by _Transparent_
welcome back D, i cant remember your last post really, so anyway
Um... Eh? As in, :eek: ? I mean, ",,,,", as they say, LOL? :p "Welcome back?" :p (.......) Well, okay, welcome back to you too! :p (Looks like a confirmation of me as an accomplished stealth poster).