Caption this picture thread....

you bring it up literally every time we talk. :hotjump:

Yeah, but private conversations between yourself and I don't equate to me broadcasting to the world, as you did with the Germany trip.

Not a big deal . I think we just get a kick of how defensive you get about it.
You were excited like a kid in the candy store.
It's all good.

I am sure we will re-do this dig after BROFest.

It's certainly taken away you talking non-stop about the second stage of Ragnarokkr. LOL....

Hey, I got stories to tell. I am living life. Beats your "Tales of Wonder" of mowing the lawn and yardwork tales. You would make HG Wells and H.P. Lovecraft proud with those stories.

Hey, I got stories to tell. I am living life. Beats your "Tales of Wonder" of mowing the lawn and yardwork tales. You would make HG Wells and H.P. Lovecraft proud with those stories.

good%2Bfor%2Byou.jpg

it was a fun time. Only downside was two things....the sound was way to LOUD!!!!. The shitty openers killed the mood for me by the time Amulance came on. they played pretty much everything I wanted to hear and more. It was more fun though just hanging out with everyone there. Pretty much all Chicago people from the forum were there. Mendoza was kicked out for fighting but the let back in a few minutes later. Walked in the door at 3:30 am. That part sucks. Having to drive a drunk Mendoza home is also not fun.

fuck I wish I lived in Chicago just so I could hang out with you assholes at shows. I feel like I only get like 15% of the fun here

I feel this way too.

The shitty openers killed the mood for me by the time Amulance came on.

Reminds me of going to see Candlemass where it was bad enough that Daylight Dies was billed before them but we get there and they've added 3 local openers to the show (of which 1 of the 3 was tolerable). Silly Pearl Room. :rolleyes::zombie::guh::mad:

it was a fun time. Only downside was two things....the sound was way to LOUD!!!!. The shitty openers killed the mood for me by the time Amulance came on. they played pretty much everything I wanted to hear and more. It was more fun though just hanging out with everyone there. Pretty much all Chicago people from the forum were there. Mendoza was kicked out for fighting but the let back in a few minutes later. Walked in the door at 3:30 am. That part sucks. Having to drive a drunk Mendoza home is also not fun.

First band honestly I could deal with. It didn't annoy me or anything, and actually for that band I didn't think it was too loud. The others were though. The one thing I have to say about this show though is that imo all bands played way too long, including Amulance. Openers should have gotten 20-30 minutes tops and Amulance an hour, but it seemed like they played close to 90 minutes am I wrong?

And I'm sorry, have to laugh at the having to drive Mendoza home. Hahahaha.

Reminds me of going to see Candlemass where it was bad enough that Daylight Dies was billed before them but we get there and they've added 3 local openers to the show (of which 1 of the 3 was tolerable). Silly Pearl Room. :rolleyes::zombie::guh::mad:

I will agree with you on the locals but personally I loved and still do Daylight Dies. Definite different style of doom to Candlemass but I liked it. That show was pure torture to sit through all those locals though, especially when I didn't know those bands were added until I was there. Sadly, a lot of venues do that shit like Reggies.

First band honestly I could deal with. It didn't annoy me or anything, and actually for that band I didn't think it was too loud. The others were though. The one thing I have to say about this show though is that imo all bands played way too long, including Amulance. Openers should have gotten 20-30 minutes tops and Amulance an hour, but it seemed like they played close to 90 minutes am I wrong?

And I'm sorry, have to laugh at the having to drive Mendoza home. Hahahaha.

I agree....All the bands played way to long. I know Amulance are doing all these shows this month to just work out the kinks with reforming and playing again before going into the studio and these live shows are just to show people they are active again and not doing what some bands do with reforming and doing one show or two and then vanish again. They are doing two more shows and then going to record. After recording they plan on being as active as any other band.

I do agree...I don't think I would have minded the longer set for them but as you pointed out... the openers each played way too long. I would have stayed up front but the sound was killing my ears there.

Dear lord....Mendoza on the way home was out of hand. Did you all see when he fell into the woods when he was walking to his jeep. He fell twice. On the way home he kept on blasting the music and having the windows down and hitting me. I lowered the music seconds before hitting one of those intersections where there is a ton of cops checking people. He was more calm when his wife was in the car on the way home. Still a long night.

What??? Mendoza was drunk????????
I seriously did not notice..
I just thought everyone screamed out loud that my wife is f*cking hot and they wanted to do her???
That's not normal????

I also witnessed the whole scuffle that led to his getting booted.
In his defense, spiky pants guy got in his face, and Mendoza even kept saying something like, "It's no big deal, you know I am drunk, etc, etc"

As for Amulance, they were ok, but I have to be honest. VERY sloppy.
Also, for the love of god, at minimum to a line check before your set.

You would think after they tripped the fuse the first time, they would lower the volume, but nope.

Blew two more channels during their last song as well.

Finally, not one, but TWO Black Sabbath covers? Really?
Granted, it was an Aurora bar show, so I guess they went for the easy pops.

I admit to not being terribly familiar with their material.
I did like most of the tunes when my skull wasn't rattling from the volume, LOL.
Definitely would say they would be a GREAT fit for Ragnarokkr.
They did have a decent size true fan base out there for them.

Finally, not one, but TWO Black Sabbath covers? Really?
Granted, it was an Aurora bar show, so I guess they went for the easy pops.

Forgot about that. Considering how long their set was, I was fine with them doing two covers, but doing two covers from the same band made no sense to me.

Yeah, two covers by the SAME band in the middle of the set?
Just seemed odd.
Anyhow, as Bob had said, they are playing these smaller shows to work out the kinks, so I am sure they are trying different things to see what works.

Knowing this, I can certainly let it slide.
They are a good band, and I Love to see so many solid 80s Chicago bands making another go of it.

Is that where that MMA gig is at???

I know there are people who always have to be "on" when going to a metal show, but this was a small local gig at a rinky dink sports bar.

As we were joking, I guess having a Basketball Jersey hung on the wall makes it a "Sports Bar"