Carcass members now...

Alachi

New Metal Member
Jan 30, 2002
Visit site
where are they?
ok i know that mike is in arch enemy
but the others?
have someone listened to Black Star and to firebirds?
it is real that one of the former carcass member is dying by a brain tumor?

The things i know about the Carcass guys is that Michael Amott as you already know is in Arch-Enemy... Bill Steer has his retro rock project called Firebird... Ken Owen is not dying, he had a cerebral infart back in 1999, now he is in recovery... And as far as i´ve known, Jeff Walker is an employee in a big enterprise i don´t know where, he has a family now to take care. That are the thing i know if someone has something more real, or more exact. Please post the things you know

Micheal Amott is also in Spiritual Beggars - an excellent band. They're more retro sounding. Like a cross between Deep Purple and Entombed I always thought.

Actually, Mike Amott lives in Halmstad , and is playing with Arch Enemy http://www.archenemy.net and Spiritual Beggars http://www.spiritualbeggars.com . Also he did one album with Candlemass in 1998.

Bill Steer has moved firstly to Australia, had lived there for 2 years, then moved back to UK and founded Blacksmith - retro-rock band. They played in local pubs, made some demo tapes, but that was it. Later on he has founded Firebird http://www.firebirdhome.com . Soon their 3rd album called just "No.3". Will be unleashed in Japan. They play sort of retro rock. Now he lives temporarily in Paris and ocassinally goes to London for the rehearsals with new Firebird members. Look for some tour dates in Spring.

Jeff Walker, Ken Owen & Carlo Regadas have founded Blackstar back in 1996. They issued only one album - "Barbed Wire Soul". Recorded 2 covers for Peaceville anniversary compilation. And split up in 1999, following Carlo's departure due to his father's death and Ken's haemorrhage.

Ken Owen suffered brain haemorrhage in 1999. then was staying for some time in coma. But now he's recovering, he's not 100% cured, and I guess unfortunately will never be, but he's active, making some electronic music for himself only at the mo, but who knows, and some time ago set up drum-kit and was going to practise it a bit. He's hard to understand, when talking, but I guess not that bad at all - I couldn't understand a word from his carer, who was 100% healthy, they have some accent in Middle England, hehehe, so that could be an answer.

Jeff Walker works as a tax adviser in Liverpool, he's totally retired from music. Ocassionally visits some metal gigs, sells some old shit via Ebay.com and meets with old dudes like Mike Amott and Bill when they show up in Liverpool. He has permanent girlfriend, but doesn't have kids yet.

Mike Hickey was having some projects here and there, I haven't followed them, as he wasn't a part of Carcass in my opinion. Guess he teaches guitar somewhere in States.

Carlo Regadas - well, little known about this guy since 1999. Neither Bill, Mike nor Ken have any connections with him. Maybe Jeff knows, but he still is staying silent to my e-mail.

Thanks for the very helpful info! Too bad there's no sign of a Carcass reunion. I wish good things for them and Ken Owen's full recovery!

Cool, good information. I never knew about Ken Owen's illness, I'm glad that he is recovering.

Great, Barghest! That is real and straight information, of course, you´re the Firebird webmaster... I red all what you posted about the Carcass guys but i still have a question. What does Bill Steer thinks nowadays about Carcass?, that rumor about "Carcass was a 8 year time wasting in my life..." i red in a fan page, but i think that his concept was just a fucking milestone, and Carcass fucking rules, i have the cd´s, the re-issued Lp´s, t-shirts, stickers, patches, etc. I live listening to Carcass, and Death. So i think that it was the bands destiny, because honestly i don´t like Swansong. Carcass is one of the greatest bands of all.

soul_of_evil_departed said:
Great, Barghest! That is real and straight information, of course, you´re the Firebird webmaster... I red all what you posted about the Carcass guys but i still have a question. What does Bill Steer thinks nowadays about Carcass?, that rumor about "Carcass was a 8 year time wasting in my life..." i red in a fan page, but i think that his concept was just a fucking milestone, and Carcass fucking rules, i have the cd´s, the re-issued Lp´s, t-shirts, stickers, patches, etc. I live listening to Carcass, and Death. So i think that it was the bands destiny, because honestly i don´t like Swansong. Carcass is one of the greatest bands of all.

Well, that's not true actually... He doesn't regret he had played in Carcass, he says it was OK for that period of his life and when he was at those age, but nowadays he has absolutely no interest in such music, he lost passion for such music somewhere around 1993 or so, even in times of Heartwork he was already thinking of playing absolutely different music. He believes that such music is suitable for teenagers, but not for the people of older age. We have argued a bit on this point, but I guess it's just his point of view, and I appreciate it.

surrealist said:
Im guessing you guys all know that Carcass
are vegeterians, right?

yeah, I just found out and im pretty surprised.
Hence all the disgusting lyrics about meat in their early days!

Yes, I generally enjoy the early lyrics much more than the later stuff. The analogies putting humans in place of slaughtered animals and the like are pure genius. The later stuff just doesn't stand up to it....except 'Blind Bleeding the Blind' :)