CARCASS PLAYS WACKEN 08

genocide roach

DOOOOOOOOOOM
Aug 18, 2002
this gets its own epic thread

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=82176
Reactivated British extreme legends CARCASS have been confirmed for next year's installment of the Wacken Open Air festival, set to take place July 31 - August 2, 2008 in Wacken, Germany. Also scheduled to appear are IRON MAIDEN (headliners), CHILDREN OF BODOM, AVANTASIA, KREATOR and SONATA ARCTICA.

Commented CARCASS bassist/vocalist Jeff Walker: "Well, they said it would never happen. In fact I said it would never happen. Then I noticed no one pays attention to what I say anyway and I sounded like an idiot...

man, i hope i can go
~gR~

DAM!, awesome as hell but i cant go, i hope the hell they do a US tour or somtin after

I just hope to god they do a world tour or somtin as long as they get anywhere close to michagan im fuckin there!

I just hope to god they do a world tour or somtin as long as they get anywhere close to michagan im fuckin there!

I can't see there being a huge demand here (USA). I think they could do 5 shows that would sell well, that would include L.A., NYC, Chicago, Seattle and San Diego...
Don't get me wrong I'd love to see them here, but I don't know that it's worth their time to do something like this if the pay is close to nothing....

Sounds like they compromised on the whole reunion thing. One could guess they weren't motivated enough for an extensive tour, but still had enough enthusiasm to pull it together for one show.

A live DVD from the performance would be much welcome.

I am sick of Wacken getting old bands that were broken up to play. Its all a cash grab.

and forth comes the first pessemist.

genieth5.png

A couple of friends of mine go every year, and they always invite me along, but it never works out. A few months ago I definitively told them I couldn't guarantee anything about going next year, but that by '09 I'd have my shit together, hah. Carcass is a definite deal-sealer though.

Not that this would change my mind, but almost every person I know who has seen them said they were very mediocre live.

I am sick of Wacken getting old bands that were broken up to play. Its all a cash grab.

dude, all concerts and fests are cash grabs. the logic is "hey, if we get these bands, will people come?". thats the way all concerts work. the price isnt going up because of a couple bands are getting back together for it.

i'm all for seeing bands ive never seen before, i dont care what the circumstances are
~gR~

Carcass werent particularly exciting when they were touring Necrotism, not to mention they wouldn't play anything released prior. Good luck to those going.