Carcass

raising_iron

Nov 3, 2006
I never see them mentioned in here much, but they just kicked off their 2nd US leg of the reunion tour last night, and I will be in Chicago tomorrow along with some other PP attendees to catch this highly, highly influential gore-drenched act! Just wondering if anyone else plans on checking them out.

I will be at the show in St. Louis on Wednesday. I am going to go out on a limb and say that I hope they play stuff from Swansong ...that is by far my favorite album by them.

I will be at the show in St. Louis on Wednesday. I am going to go out on a limb and say that I hope they play stuff from Swansong ...that is by far my favorite album by them.

If it's anything like the last US tour they did, it'll be almost entirely cuts from Necroticism and Heartwork which is how it should be. I think the only track off Swansong they played was Keep on Rotting

Unfortunately this tour isn't coming anywhere near where I live, but fortunately I caught them at Wacken last year. Do yourselves a favor and catch them if you get the chance!

I never see them mentioned in here much, but they just kicked off their 2nd US leg of the reunion tour last night, and I will be in Chicago tomorrow along with some other PP attendees to catch this highly, highly influential gore-drenched act! Just wondering if anyone else plans on checking them out.

You know there are about a dozen bands on the bill in Mokena tomorrow, right?

You know there are about a dozen bands on the bill in Mokena tomorrow, right?

Yeah, Samael is a personal fave, and I really like Psycroptic as well. Surprisingly, the latest BDM isn't too bad, not great, but not bad. I CANNOT WAIT! Order of favorite Carcass albums for me would be:

Heartwork-masterpiece!
Necroticism-near masterpiece!
Symphonies-still grind as hell but the future is present
Swansong-underated, great album
and, of course
Reek-a vile mess, but damn fun!

Okay, Carcass absolutely slayed last night, the sound was perfect as well, everything present in the mix. They played about 1 1/2 hours. No other surprises, Psycroptic were good but mainly pulled from their latest two releases and I like the first 2 better. BDM were merely ok, still leaning towards metalcore too much for me, Suicide Silence were pure metalcore nonsense, damn its hard watching a bunch of kids trying to be tough when they're not, Samael were the 2nd best appearance behind Carcass and absolutely rocked the place, a very short set at half an hour but hearing "Into the Pentagram" live was killer! And a Chi-town local act called Dirge, never heard of 'em, good guitar player but still a bit too deathcore for my taste.