Cardinals want health warnings on condoms

Vunt must be more of that damn British slang...

I think History of the World Part I has best take on the Catholic Church, or at least the Spanish Inquisition anyhow.

Jaykeeley said:
Ugh - I had to re-read that three times. Gotta love the ambiguity of the English language. Vi bort försök Svensk.
I think the Church were trying to be clever by making the statement ambiguous.

The Vatican are so out of touch with modern society that they are continually stabbing themselves with these ludicrous statements. I would hate to live in Italy knowing all this religious nonsense is happening around me, it would drive me mad.

Jaykeeley - If she looked like a goddess and was possessed by the sight of my hairy balls.....I'd take off my turban and say 'No. Tank you, plis.' :)

ChiefB said:
The Vatican are so out of touch with modern society that they are continually stabbing themselves with these ludicrous statements.
Tell me about Malleus Maleficrum. :D

I would hate to live in Italy knowing all this religious nonsense is happening around me, it would drive me mad.
Nah, real Italians are too busy making pizza and driving scooters around the streets of Rome.

NAD said:
@bloodfiredeath: I've seen those warnings on driver side doors and sunvisors, what do you drive?
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe
It's more like a glorified station wagon, but I still love it so. :)

SantaFeBig28.jpg

I dunno man, maybe newfangled 4WDs are different. That one is based on FWD though, maybe that has something to do with it?

The newest 4WD I've owned is an '86 maybe the DOT regulations are different now.
560beast.jpg

This one had a warning about handling characteristics, but should have one for the damn pink stripes too!

NAD said:
Vunt must be more of that damn British slang...
'fraid not, it's just JK being silly! :D

You all know why the Catholics won't let people use johnnies. It's so they can mass-produce more little ship, so their 'authority' has a bit more clout and we end up with all these buggers whinging "Ewww! I'm Catholic! I'm offended!" when we talk about what brainwashed, gullible retards they all are and how we ought to kill them :)

:lol:

Yeah, that makes sense. It'd be cool if free condoms were distributed to all Christians worldwide... Maybe that would stop at least THAT disease from spreading further...

Ya'll are assuming all of those people have the brain capacity to properly use the Slippy Sheath. ;)

"behind", hehehe.

By the way, the "You stick it up your arse" comment wasn't aimed at you (NAD), it was supposed to be an impersonation of a religous freak asking what to do with the slippy sheath.

The joke is lost. I bow my head in shame. :(

Ahhhh... now I get it. Damn reply-auto-quote thing ruining internet jokes!!!

You know, I did just think of something. This is actually a bit of progress in the right direction for the Vatican. Up until now they have been vehemently opposed to birth control of any kind right? So by the very fact that they are even mentioning the use of condoms, even without condoning it, it is a step ahead. Unfortunately the Catholic Church normally only moves in millimeters / millenia, and sideways at that.

Hey, maybe in 2346 they'll say condoms are okay for heathens!

NAD said:
You know, I did just think of something. This is actually a bit of progress in the right direction for the Vatican. Up until now they have been vehemently opposed to birth control of any kind right?
Heh, that's because they assumed that sex should only occur within the confines of marriage, and even then, sex should only be an act of reproduction.

So by the very fact that they are even mentioning the use of condoms, even without condoning it, it is a step ahead.
That's because they realized people were indeed having sex outside of marriage when they discovered that their priests were raping small boys in their own chapels.

So the priest who went to jail for child molestation and got killed by inmates....is he going to heaven or hell?

It just doesn't make sense. Isn't is painfully obvious that a healthy sex life is extremely beneficial to the body, soul, and mind? Besides the fact that it's human fucking nature. I suppose that's why guilt is instilled by religion from an early age: "well, we can't stop them from banging like rabbits, let's at least make them feel really bad for doing so."

They should allow priests to get married, maybe that would cut down on all the pederasses signing up.

From the zealots I've spoken with, it matters not what you do in your life, only that you believe and ask for forgiveness. Catholicism is a bit different though, don't you atone for your sins in purgatory or something? Then again there's confession... "forgive me father for I have killed many men today."

Erik, your comment begs the question on the lifespan of religion. How many people still believe in Greek, Roman, or Egyptian gods?

[color=black said:
NAD]From the zealots I've spoken with, it matters not what you do in your life, only that you believe and ask for forgiveness. Catholicism is a bit different though, don't you atone for your sins in purgatory or something? Then again there's confession... "forgive me father for I have killed many men today."[/color]
That's how they ruled the lands in the dark ages without guilt. Killing in the name of God is ok though - especially burning 'witches' at the stake.

Erik, your comment begs the question on the lifespan of religion. How many people still believe in Greek, Roman, or Egyptian gods?

And Norse Gods. Although I can understand Pagan heritage being opposed to modern religion, such as Christianity, for invading and desecrating the lands, the concept of Gods/Mythology is not lost. It's just one belief versus another.

I'm just saying that from a Darwinistic approach, any mythology/religion/creationist ideology is...what's the word, "bollocks".

:lol: Bollocks indeed, but still pretty fascinating.

I love the way to test if you were a witch, tie some rocks to your ankles, toss you in the drink. You sink, congratulations! You're innocent and die a noble death. Float and it's time for the stake you no good witch.

"So.... ducks are made of..... wood?"
"Precisely!"