Carina Kjellberg

Shall Carina become an official member of Evergrey?

• Carina who ?

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • YEAH she is outstanding we love her

Votes: 40 63.5%
  • No way

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Her voice is amazing but Evergrey doesn't need more female vocals

Votes: 19 30.2%

• Total voters
OceanMech said:
I still say any Evergrey song w/o Carina just isn't as good. That's the reason why I'm not soooo thrilled with Recreation Day, as I was with previous discs

Well I must say that i'm quite tired of all those bands that use female vocals abundantely. Been there, done that and it always sounds the same.. Like I said in another topic, it's the subtle way that Carina sings and the fact that her voice is never over-used - just to add some atmosphere or a certain feeling to a song - that I love. Evergrey is Evergrey and inserting Carina's voice once in a while just gives it something extra..

Your wife [Carina Kjellberg] sang on “Your Darkest Hour.” Was the female vocal your idea and what made you decide to utilize your wife’s talents?
It sort of reminded me of “The Great Gig in the Sky” by Pink Floyd. Then I sort of wanted to keep spinning on that feeling really. Now it’s sort of a tribute to that song. It’s really cool; I like it a lot.

How will you play that one live with the vocal part?
We’re doing a sort of Pink Floydish guitar solo instead [of her vocal]. It really wouldn’t do her justice with me singing those parts in high falsetto [Laughs]. We still do something beautiful, but in a different way.

for every tear that falls is my fave song among others from the band. i think that the chemistry is quite balanced.carina is great but i think more is not good.

As i stated 1,5 year ago after returning home from the DVD gig "i can die a happy man" my whish already came reality after hearing that exact song live in Gothenburg. It has been mentioned in other threads already, but i haven't seen it officially that Carina will be one of the choir members in Atlanta. I do hope she will but time will tell.