Carl Lewis has Arrived...

Zingababla

Are you into the Squeeze?
Sep 8, 2005
DeKalb, IL
Carl Lewis as a Metal Singer? Upon further reflection of his "Rock Star" performance of the Star Spangled Banner, I believe that this could and should come to fruition. The performance oozes of creativity and professionalism. His uncanny vocals really bring out the true integrity of the song, and make me proud to be an American. This, along with his appeal as a world reknown athlete will allow him to sell out venues across the globe. Does anyone else want to reflect on his career as an artist? Metal needs to be the next step for him in his illustious career.

For those that need to be refreshed on his abilities here is some audio of the performance.

http://users.rcn.com/pkatcher/audio/carllewis.mp3

Video will be added at a later date...

That is still the most hilarious rendition of our national anthem I've ever heard...I doubt anything will ever top it. The "uh oh" is just too much :lol: If anyone can find the video of Charlie Steiner and Jack Edwards on SportsCenter when that happened...OMG, they were both laughing so hard they could barely segue to a commercial break...Steiner managed to say that version was written by "Francis Scott Off-Key" :D

His rendition of the National Anthem is priceless. What in the world was he thinking? I listened 20 times and was in tears every time. For me, Carl's legacy is this performance, and not his gold medals.

Another Carl Lewis moment that brings me to tears is when he tossed out the opening pitch at a baseball game. It went about 4ft and is simply pathetic for a world class athelete.

Has he come out of the closet yet?