Carnal Forge Update

hiddenlegions

DISCIPLE
Sep 21, 2002
So Cal
Visit site
Carnal Forge is now done in the studio with the new yet untitled album. 12 brand new songs has been mixed in Studio Underground.=20 Out in June through Century Media (Europe & USA) and Soundholic (Japan).

Read the studio diary and view photos at =
http://www.carnalforge.com/cf5_rec_diary.asp !

New titles (no certain order):

Decades of despair

Burn them alive

Waiting for sundown

The strength of misery

My suicide

Ruler of your blood

The final hour

Exploding veins

Inhuman

Sacred flame

Gods enemy no.1

Totally worthless

Carnal Forge Live DVD recorded last weekend of Jan 2004 in Krakow, = Poland. 20 songs + bounus material from New York, USA (The 2003 Metal = Gods Tour) and Tokyo, Japan (Extreme Bleeding Japan Tour 2003), etc. = Interview & stuff. Out in May. :headbang:

Steiner said:
One of those bands that needs a breakout album IMO. I like them, but their music lacks something. Not sure what it is, but I'll tell you when I hear it. ;)
You're right. I can't figure out why I don't get into them much, either...

I've had The More You Suffer for a while, but just recently picked up two earlier albums, Please...Die and Who's Gonna Burn. This, to answer a question I had, "Who's the most brutal/fastest in the melodic death field?"

While this band may be less melodic death than thrash/death, (whatever), and the rawness is there, I still think The Haunted is tops for raw speed and energy, but Carnal Forge is in second, compared to the following other bands:

Terror 2000, Witchery, Dimension Zero, Darkane, The Crown, Arch Enemy, Children of Bodom, Dew Scented, Callenish Circle, Corporation 187, Reclusion, Hatesphere, Invocator, Soilwork, The Defaced, Mors Principium Est...

If there are others that should be in my list, let me know, I want to hear 'em:headbang:

That's a pretty solid list. Definately add Kalmah and Norther if you like COB's sound. 2 more bands you'll definately dig are Pandemonium and Omnium Gatherum. They belong on that list too.

Carnal Forge is def. better than witchery, the new Arch Enemy album, the new Defaced cd, and Callenish Circle IMO. Those are still good though. I'm really looking forward to this new CF album, I think their last is their best and hopefully this new one will be even better. I'm just glad I saw Carnal Forge's first show in the US. Good shit.

soilkane said:
Carnal Forge is def. better than witchery, the new Arch Enemy album, the new Defaced cd, and Callenish Circle IMO. Those are still good though. I'm really looking forward to this new CF album, I think their last is their best and hopefully this new one will be even better. I'm just glad I saw Carnal Forge's first show in the US. Good shit.
This is where I disagree -- Witchery is far and away my favorite Swedish band in the thrash/melodic death field.:headbang: It's too bad (for me) that this band's a side project against The Haunted and Arch Enemy...and not to mention, can there be a finer metalmaiden than the Witchery girl December? I doubt it...SHE'S HOT. :p

Otherwise, I do think CF's last album is the better of the three I have. And DE has posted their shows kick ass, I'd really like to see them someday...

I think Witchery has good music, but once I saw them live I couldn't get over how lame the singer was. It was more of a funny joke between me and my friends than anything else. My friend played me some instumentals a while back and I liked them. I just really dislike their singer.

soilkane said:
I think Witchery has good music, but once I saw them live I couldn't get over how lame the singer was...
I now know they toured the US once, but I wasn't into going to shows then...:erk:

Wonder -- Toxine, the singer, was it the get-up that was lame or his voice itself? And where did you go to see them? He used to be the frontman for Satanic Slaughter, for the first couple albums anyway, and wonder if he looked the same then as he does with Witchery now...

I've only got the latest Satanic Slaughter CD, Banished to the Underworld, and this is a great CD -- I suppose it's more black-ish than most of the typical Swedish melodic-death I listen to, but with strong thrash overtones -- it's definitely closer to Dragonlord than say Testament, but without the really killer lead guitar work from Smythe, although the few leads they do pull off are clean and to-the-point.

I highly recommend this one to all you Swede loving types:headbang: -- and would like to know what early SS sounds like if you have them...

NP -- Satanic Slaughter -- Antichrist

Well I saw Witchery open for The Haunted in Philly(the troc). It was all well and good until the singer bursts out, out of nowhere. His gimmickry was up there with most black metal bands. He had a long trenchcoat on and some sort of utility belt that had a hammer and spikes attached to it. I think he had leather pants and some sort of gay shirt/blouse on. Not sure about face paint, but that's a possibility. All-in-all he looked like a vampire hunter on crack. The funniest part was when the guitarist did a solo and the singer went behind him and did this really lame shit where he would move his arms/hands/fingers around, almost like he was magically giving the guitarist power to do the solo, lol.