Carpal tunnel? Tendinitis?

No, you're still totally correct. But we're all Internet Doctors, right? I made the appointment the same day I posted the thread, but I don't know that I would have heard about flax seed and some of the other, more holistic, remedies at the doctor.

I'm working towards my doctorate haha. Not QUITE there yet.

All my suggestions were nothing that would do any damage though. Fish oil is a great supplement for everyone.
Ibuprofen is pretty much the shit anyway. So many uses!!!

I'm working towards my doctorate haha. Not QUITE there yet.

All my suggestions were nothing that would do any damage though. Fish oil is a great supplement for everyone.
Ibuprofen is pretty much the shit anyway. So many uses!!!

You might be able to answer this then; how does Ibuprofen differ in its effects from Acetaminophen? (the active ingredient in Advil, among others, to those who don't know) I know Acet. is a blood thinner and thus I was told not to take it when I had mono (ask me how fun that was! :rolleyes: ), but beyond that I'm not really sure

You might be able to answer this then; how does Ibuprofen differ in its effects from Acetaminophen? (the active ingredient in Advil, among others, to those who don't know) I know Acet. is a blood thinner and thus I was told not to take it when I had mono (ask me how fun that was! :rolleyes: ), but beyond that I'm not really sure

Acetaminophen is an analgesic (pain-reducer) while Ibuprofen is an anti-inflammatory (inflammation-reducer :rolleyes:), thus the former affects your ability to feel pain -- often caused by inflammation -- while the latter actually reduces any inflammation in various tissues. Tylenol is kind of a "treat the symptom for immediate relief" approach while Advil is more of a "treat the problem for long-term relief" approach. I'm a bigger fan of Ibuprofen myself, when I'm forced to take something :ill:

when I had mono (ask me how fun that was! :rolleyes: ), but beyond that I'm not really sure

Oh Christ, Mono, (we call it Glandular Fever around here)
the memories come flooding back!! :cry:

That was a fucking nightmare that never seemed to end. 20 months of solid misery. exhausted by 12am, glands like golf-balls on the side of my throat. flu/colds that lasted months at a time, feel better for 2 days then WHAM!... another dose of flu....

^ Doctors constantly mis-diagnosing for a few months made the whole thing worse. i eventually had to look it up and go tell them "ya, i think it's glandular fever/mono",

the doctor was like:
"well gosh, you might be right, silly me, we'll do some tests and...... yep! you do have glandular fever! wow, i'd never have seen that coming if you hadn't gone and diagnosed yourself"

fucking idiots.

overall it was 18-20 months, worst stage was a 6 month stretch, the rest was kinda on/off, mostly on :)

Repetitive strain injury has pretty much ruined my life. I've been playing guitar since I was about 10. Until I was about 16 I was playing literally non-stop every single day. When I was 16 I stopped playing for 3 months which for any guitar enthusiast is an unbelievable hard thing to have to do.

I'm now 20 and have had acupuncture, physio therapy, lots of muscle electo tests, seen an authopedic surgeon, gone for months at a time resting... Bottom line is, I was too late. I can't seem to shift the pain and swelling of my tendons in my wrists/hands and I now can't really do anything without them hurting. My time playing guitar is very limited now and it hurts every time I play. I'm sure if I'd just gone easier on my playing when the pain started and stretched and warmed up first I would have been fine. Anyone who suffers from this will tell you. You NEED to ease off and start warming up before you play. I can't brush my teeth without my wrist hurting, let alone lift weights or play guitar.