Cases where the Demo versions are better whats on the album.

MrTagoMago

Jul 8, 2016
I was listening to Voivod's To the death... demo from early 1984 and I had forgotten how amazing it really was. It contains a lot of the songs that would later appear on both War and Pain & Rrroooaaarrr except here they sound much more raw, energetic, and brutal. While Snakes vocals weren't technically good on the early albums they sound much stronger here imo.

Another one I see mentioned is how the tracks on Demolition Hammers Necrology sound better than they do on Tortured Existence. I think a lot of death metal, black metal, and grindcore tend to sound better with raw demo quality ofcourse you have plenty of demos that sound like shit or are unlistenable noise.

Emperor's Wrath of the Tyrant demo sounds pretty good... where the song overlap, I wouldn't necessarily say they're better than the stuff on In the Nightside Eclipse, but they're good in a different way.

The Cynic demos are better than anything on Focus. The processing they did to the sound on Focus was rather excessive imo.

I hate to admit that I have not yet heard Voivod's demo. As one of my favorite bands I should definitely check it out.

Reactions: Talos of Atmora
The Cynic demos are better than anything on Focus. The processing they did to the sound on Focus was rather excessive imo.

I hate to admit that I have not yet heard Voivod's demo. As one of my favorite bands I should definitely check it out.

I highly recommend the Voivod demo. I don't think too many people have heard it tbh but most seem to agree with me that it's better than the albums. Might be my favorite thrash release if im truly to be honest. But hell what do I know :p

As much as I love Focus, I really wish they would have done more to implement the sound they had on the 1990 demo (my favorite one) into a full-length LP. All three of the songs there fantastic.

I know. The notion that their demo material was better should have died when Killing Technology, Dimension Hatross and Nothingface came out.

I think he's just saying that he prefers the demo versions of the same songs that would later appear on studio albums.