Catamenia???

~UlvedaL~

Where Lost Souls Travel
Feb 19, 2002
Muspelheim...
Visit site
Greetings...

I need some oppinions about this band (Catamenia), and their albums.. What style do they play? Are they good at it? Maybe some comparations and/or the like... It´ll be appreciated...

Cheers!

first album "Halls Of Frozen North" was good, but next albums are nothing special... typical finnish melodic black

well... i have all 4 albums and i really like sometimes listen Catamenia, but to tell truth it's typical finnish melodic black. i know much better bands from Finland like Thyrane, Funeris Nocturnum, Flauros, Alghazanth... they are plays resemble music, but better :D

Originally posted by MacMoney
They're a Dimmu Borgir clone. And even if the band they clone didn't suck enough, they suck even more.

Sorry, much as i respect your opinion......

FUCK RIGHT OFF.....;)

Catamenia piss all over anything dimmu boring have ever done.....

In my opinion there 3rd album ' Eternal winters prophecy' is the best black metal album ever made, yes i rate them that highly, listen to this album, it fuckin rules......

Melodic black metal at its best if you ask me!

The new album Eskhata, is good, has a large helping of trad metal influences added to there sound, and both there first two albums are worth getting as well, the debut ' halls of frozen north ' is the best one of the first two!

Thats my 2p worth!

Originally posted by Fragile Dreams
Sorry, much as i respect your opinion......

FUCK RIGHT OFF.....;)

Catamenia piss all over anything dimmu boring have ever done.....

In my opinion there 3rd album ' Eternal winters prophecy' is the best black metal album ever made, yes i rate them that highly, listen to this album, it fuckin rules......

Melodic black metal at its best if you ask me!

The new album Eskhata, is good, has a large helping of trad metal influences added to there sound, and both there first two albums are worth getting as well, the debut ' halls of frozen north ' is the best one of the first two!

Thats my 2p worth!

All the power to you if you like them but they are more or less ripping off Dimmu Borgir who and they have never been black metal.

All the power to you if you like them but they are more or less ripping off Dimmu Borgir who and they have never been black metal.

lol, fair play, im all for opinions, but i still disagree.....;)

Id say catamenia are a whole lot more aggresive, faster and much more black metal than dimmu have ever been

:D

Personnaly i think dimmu suck, and far too many wanky keyboards and not enough metal content, where as catamenia are metal to the core and dont ruin it with shitloads of floaty poncy keyboards.....:D

Still, each to there own!

lol, fair play, im all for opinions, but i still disagree.....;)

Id say catamenia are a whole lot more aggresive, faster and much more black metal than dimmu have ever been

:D

Personnaly i think dimmu suck, and far too many wanky keyboards and not enough metal content, where as catamenia are metal to the core and dont ruin it with shitloads of floaty poncy keyboards.....:D

Still, each to there own!

Neither of them are black metal.

And I'd rather listen to Dimmu Borgir than Catamenia but that's like choosing a kick in the head over two kicks in the head.

Neither of them are black metal.

And I'd rather listen to Dimmu Borgir than Catamenia but that's like choosing a kick in the head over two kicks in the head.

lol, nice turn of phrase:D

hmmm, im all for tr00nesss and general elitism etc but I would say catamenia are a form of black metal, not in the original darkthrone , mayhem, old emperor sense, but still a black metal band of sorts.....

How would you descibe them, apart from shit obviously....;)

lol, nice turn of phrase:D

hmmm, im all for tr00nesss and general elitism etc but I would say catamenia are a form of black metal, not in the original darkthrone , mayhem, old emperor sense, but still a black metal band of sorts.....

How would you descibe them, apart from shit obviously....;)

Darkthrone, Mayhem and old Emperor weren't the original black metal bands though their sound is quite easily backtracked to the originals (well, not Emperor) Venom, Hellhammer and Bathory.

Well, it has been a while since I last heard them but I guess you could call them gothic metal of sorts.

Goth metal????:eek:

No way, sorry, if it was cof or dimmu i might agree on that, but not catamenia listen to morning crimson or eternal winters prophecy, i can assure you they are far to fast, aggressive to be classed as goth metal.....:D

BTW, i take your point about bathory, venom , celtic frost, but i still think of mayhem etc as being th first real black metal bands....!

Goth metal????:eek:

No way, sorry, if it was cof or dimmu i might agree on that, but not catamenia listen to morning crimson or eternal winters prophecy, i can assure you they are far to fast, aggressive to be classed as goth metal.....:D

BTW, i take your point about bathory, venom , celtic frost, but i still think of mayhem etc as being th first real black metal bands....!

Gothic metal can be aggressive too.

The sound of most of the norwegian black metal bands is clearly just copying Bathory's The Return or Hellhammer's (the band, not the faggot)... well, anything which on the other hand can be clearly traced back to Venom.