Catch 22.v2 samples online!!

WOW.

:OMG:

Peter is gods gift to music. Never ceases to amaze me. That is what Catch 22 should have been at first.

Can't wait. This also makes me pumped for the next Hypocrisy album ( near the beginning of 09, he said ). This'll tide me over.

i'm in school at the moment, but i listened to one sample, the quality is pretty crappy, it sounded alright, need to listen to it again at home

Honestly...nothing special..from what I can hear from samples, music is almost the same, just the vocals are different...well...as I loved original Catch 22 very,very much, this sounds like forcing to me...I was excited about this release, but..hm...I used to the 'classic' Catch 22 which I adored..so..I'll tell when I hear the 'real thing' :)

Take into account that this isnt the final mix, and that poor bit rate is hiding alot :)

How are they weaker and less versatile? The quality of the audio is shit. But it's very easy to tell Peter is doing much better than the original album.

Nice!

But why the hell do the record companies keep uploading samples with this shitty quality, it doesnt do the music justice at all and it sounds like i broke my speakers.
Its like a fucking timemachine back to the 90s... WE DONT USE 56k MODEMS ANYMORE!

Sorry for the useless rant. :(

the screaming in the turn the page sample just thrills me! brilliant althoug poor quality! and i like the deeper voice in seeds of the chosen one.

i will definitely buy this cd. question is just: when *humsintromelody*

How are they weaker and less versatile? The quality of the audio is shit. But it's very easy to tell Peter is doing much better than the original album.

Ok, I´ll try to explain how I hear it (and try to forget that horrible squeakyscreaming sound those samples have):

Weaker = I quess, in this album, I liked the more "higher"-sounding vox. Now that I listen to these samples, most of them ( = less versatile )
seem to be taking more lower grunting road. And even though I love that style with Tägtgren in general, I was kinda liking the original way better.

But as I said, I need the actual album in my hands and my stereo to form an opinion that will stick. :rolleyes:

I'll also will have to wait until I can hear the FULL album on a DECENT stereo, but if my first impression stays I'll have to say the re-records sucks MAJOR ASS. i.e. Another Dead End is a song I really, really like (an overall artist TOP 10 song actually) but what you can hear on the page makes me wanna throw up.

Honestly...nothing special..from what I can hear from samples, music is almost the same, just the vocals are different...well...as I loved original Catch 22 very,very much, this sounds like forcing to me...I was excited about this release, but..hm...I used to the 'classic' Catch 22 which I adored..so..I'll tell when I hear the 'real thing' :)

Same here...
man...the music is the same shit as original catch 22...vocals are bit different but not in positive way in my opinion....peter is just a man,and he is getting older..and this new version of catch 22 is nothing more but a prove that his inspiration for hypocrisy fades every day more and more...i'm still waiting for the whole album but i don't expect something special...and i'm suprised that horgh didn't changed drum lines not even a little....vocals are pretty much in growl tune but it sounds very weak for me....no dynamic in vocal as i used to get from peter....but this is just my opinion..and quality of samples is shity as fuck...but you can get some picture of album

not even a single blast beat same rifts taken them that long to do it years in fact sounds like the vocals where edited onto the old album they should have focused on making a new album instead off doin this i want to hear what horgh can do on drums dont want to hear larz soz but u get diffrent expectations with faster drummers dont mean to sound negative but just get the feeling that we have been messed about and all this waiting when peter was doin thwe pain album which is ok but just sounds crap compared to the last album