Catch 22.v2 samples online!!

Well...
Sounds good, yes

Its an enhanced Catch 22, not a NEW Catch 22, even less a new album

I really dont know what to say...really

Catch 22 should have been left the way it was, cuz its the way IT IS.

Now that Ive listened to all the samples, I dont think the differences are numerous enough to justify that release. The music is exactly the same or almost (judging from the low audio quality) only the snare sounds different now...And the vocals...more brutal yes, but like lumitlavi, I kinda liked the way Catch 22 sounded vocally, so much diversity...Destroyed for instance, and I liked the original vocals of Another dead end!

Im gonna buy that, of course, but I was hoping for a more significant change from the original one.

I find this hard to admit that this justifies such a long wait for a bran new album....

Of course the audio are BAD quality, but if we really NEED great audio quality to hear the diffs, it means that the differences are not really worth it isnt it?

So far, not a disapointment, but a clear, resounding MEH

I'm listening to the original Catch22 at work right now...yeah, it's fine the way it is. And the diverse vocals on it = awesomeness.
I still want to hear the new version though in full and in good quality.

yay found some interesting stuff
the cd will come with 3 live clips, also as a vinyl
http://www.nuclearblast.de/index.php?Action=showShopProductDetail&artikelnummer=147389&kat=
http://www.nuclearblast.de/index.php?Action=showShopProductDetail&artikelnummer=151979&kat=
still don't know what will be special about the tinbox version

and something i'm really interested in:
Don't judge me 7" Picture-EP : )
http://www.nuclearblast.de/index.php?Action=showShopProductDetail&artikelnummer=151977&kat=

So did they re-record the guitars? I can't tell... the quality sucks on those samples..

Anyways, Vocals sound GREAT!

Dont judge me sounds way better

But I dont really like another dead end and seeds of the chosen one

These songs sounded better with the former vocals, and a better snare sound wont compensate for that :Smug:

Peter wanted to make it more DEATH METAL

then why not growl like in the final chapter or Bloodbath? These are just semi growls, like he's containing himself or something. For some reason this REALLY annoys me and makes me almost hate that release, especially since that release obviously delays the release of a bran new album

just seeems pointless to me why rerelease it with better vocals and drum snares and not just deliver a new album there will probaly be a new pain album before we here any new hypocrisy that thought scares me a bit

It sucks that they posted samples, because that definitely guaranteed a download if it leaks on my part. I'm going to buy it no matter what, but it sounds too good to resist an early listen.

It's just too bad he didn't growl all through All Turns Black. Other than that.. :kickass:

hmm, the poor quality doesn't really show much difference when it comes to the guitar sound, but I love the new vocals, they sound much better.

i've just watched an interview with peter,and he said that new catch 22 is not even recorded again....it is just remixed,and only vocals are changed....horgh didn't record new drum lines..they just changed or remixed the old ones...hahaah....stupid...basicly,only vocals are "new"....very stupid in my opinion

i've just watched an interview with peter,and he said that new catch 22 is not even recorded again....it is just remixed,and only vocals are changed....horgh didn't record new drum lines..they just changed or remixed the old ones...hahaah....stupid...basicly,only vocals are "new"....very stupid in my opinion

Mate! why is that stupid? they never said that they are redoing the drums on the rerelease? so i just dont get it, why is ppl upset by this?

Read this
"Update
hello,

A message from the slowest updating bands around... sorry for that...

As you've probably heard, we´re remixing and redoing the vocals on Catch 22 and rereleasing it..."

Remember, its a re-release, not a new album! If They would let Horgh redo' the drums on the album, it would become a whole new album, sort of, lol. Do you all want it to be like the drums in the Virus album?

Peter loved the original album, he is doing this for us, not himself, we should be happy, not complain.

Mortelgoro

ok...look dude,if they are already doing something new with that record i expect from them to do some shit then and not just remix stuff and record just new vocals...basically,nothing is changed very much,and from band like hypocrisy i expect very much more in that question...and,why horgh shouldn't record the drums again? to be honest, i was expecting the new catch 22 version mainly becouse of horgh,but now i'm dissapointed...and yeah...new vocal lines sucks to me....no feeling in them at all....i will put my hopes into the new record..as peter said,mikael has written 5 new songs already,and peter have a bunch of riffs that needs to be putted in one piece....he said that new record will be brutal and some of the songs will be as fast as they can...of course,there will be mid-tempo songs,and also a slow songs.....this is what i am expecting...not some new(same) catch 22....blahhh

Peter loved the original album, he is doing this for us, not himself, we should be happy, not complain.

There you go, and that's one of the reasons why I respect Peter.

That was actually a pretty good interview. Can't wait for April 09, hehe.

Oh, and I almost came in my pants when he mentioned Bloodbath vocals. :kickass: