Cathedral's upcoming album

Singer Phil wanted to keep his kvlt true-ness by not reissuing Hour of 13's s/t after it went out of stock and after SKR already paid for and had the new reissue, and said he never wanted it etc. he's a faggot and that band is kinda gay, but I do like the debut a lot

Got it. That's really silly considering it was released on a VERY easily replicated format known as a Compact Disc!!! :lol:

I could see if it was vinyl or cassette only.

In the digital age though, such antics are quite obsurd.

Oh well. I dig their tunes and that's all that matters.

I'll jump in too. I hold Place of Skulls in high regard. Their music probably seems unremarkable because they are not grandiose or epic - not as emotional as Warning or as steamrollingly epic as Reverend Bizarre or Candlemass, not as sinister as Spiritus Mortis, not as deliriously "FUCKING METAL!!!" as Gates of Slumber. Their music is strictly traditionalist doom, somewhat "quiet" in mood and tone, and noticeable for being very clean - both production and playing. Only their 2003 album nods to some sludge tendencies, and then only lightly. The one that preceded it is a very nice, very tight album of calm blues-influenced old school doom, and their 2006 album is a much heavier and more energetic album that shows a bit more outside influence. The lyrics are very personal, often avoiding the fantasy, historical, or mythological topics other bands use. All three albums are excellent works, with the first album Nailed being my particular favorite. If the album currently underway gets released this year, I've no doubt it will claim a place in my top 10.

Ok, so I downloaded 2 POS tracks from their official site.
Not bad, but not what I would call A Level doom by any means.
A little too bluesy for my tastes.