Cave In is back . . . sort of.

Nate The Great

What would Nathan do?
May 10, 2002
www.ultimatemetal.com
So Cave In has decided to add there hardcore singing back in places. They are now basically a mixture of old Cave In and new. They're also on Hydra Head now, after being dropped from RCA for not releasing a best seller. Their new album 'Perfect Pitch Black' can be previewed at www.perfectpitchblack.com. I can see One Inch Penis liking it, but I'm not sure who else might. They're still nothing like the Cave In J. used to like. I like the album, though.

Cave In was always a band that I was told I would like, because apparantly they have cool influences or something of the sort, or something redeeming amongst their sound that in general I wouldn't appreciate... however I saw them open for Foo Fighters and they were pretty shitty (i.e. "wtf is this an emo band?" but all the little dirty punk kids in their misfits shirts seemed to love it)

Maybe I caught them at a low point? I've been told they changed styles quite a bit.

I used to listen to some Cave In (one song anyway) and really liked it at the time, never really bothered to follow it up though, maybe now I will...