CD, tape or LP?

What format do you prefer?

• Total voters
The LP is inferior to the CD only in the need for a physical contact for playing, which makes it really hard to play without imperfections. But the fact is, vinyl is an analogue signal of an analogue event. Digital audio is chopped up into tiny pieces and placed in a row, which means the entire original signal is not present. Analog recording captures the entire signal, therefore it is a higher quality sound. For the most part the difference is negligible, but those who recognize the difference are not just imagining that vinyl sounds better.

actually they mostly are because its pretty much humanly impossible to recognize the difference and i'd be amazed if anyone could do it in a double blind test

That may or may not be the case. I have an experience with an audio cassette I recorded from an album that makes me think otherwise. Yeah, I admit it could be something else, but that is the impression I have from it. And it still stands that vinyl has an inherently superior signal to CD. But the fact is, CDs are so much more convenient that I prefer them for every day music owning.

mp3 is the most convienent
LP is the best sound quality any one with a working record player knows this
CDs are the best of both worlds you get album art and lyrics plus I like the idea of owning a physical copy of the music. The ritual i go through of going out and buying something from a record store is very special to me. Going in sorting through everything then finding something you like then hurrying home to listen to it.
You don't really get that just by downloading something

That's why I like LPs the best.

I mean, if you're talking about convenience, buying MP3s are a lot more convenient then buying cds.