Cee Lo Green- F*ck You

Cool! Thanks for posting this! He was on Colbert Report a few weeks ago and performed this song (different lyrics) with an all female band. I really dug it but didn't catch the name and kept meaning to look up who it was.

This is so much better than all the other pop crap out there. I'm so glad it got the notoriety it deserved!

Being nominated for a song that's called "Fuck You" would never have happened years ago.

Ah, the title. Haha that should have been the most obvious thing. Lyrics/titles are usually not the first thing I notice, which I guess makes sense as I listen to so much death metal, where you can't understand what's being said in the first place.

So why DID this get nominated? There are plenty of songs out there with lyrical content about women who leave men for other men, gold diggers, cheaters, men trying to make their women happy and going to any lengths, etc...

Is it the apparent return to the motown sound?

Not that I'm not enjoying the song, but I do want to know what makes it Grammy-worthy. And which category was it nominated for?

So why DID this get nominated? There are plenty of songs out there with lyrical content about women who leave men for other men, gold diggers, cheaters, men trying to make their women happy and going to any lengths, etc...

Not that I'm not enjoying the song, but I do want to know what makes it Grammy-worthy. And which category was it nominated for?

It's a pretty damn catchy song. I would think that would have a lot to do with it. Who really knows what the hell the people who nominate artists for Grammys are thinking anyways though. :lol:

Of course you wouldn't enjoy it! It has no weedly-weedly guitars and symphonic arrangements.

Jeez, why can't people have fun to a fun song for once in their lives? Loved this song when I first heard it, but I always dig Cee Lo's stuff. Gnarls Barkley is good stuff too.

Oh whoops. Well still... In that case I'm even more surprised that she actually likes something that isn't a majestic movie soundtrack with guitars in the background. :lol: