CELTIC FROST in CHICAGO!!!

NvmbrsDoom5 said:
I'll be there for sure. I think everyone of us in ND (perhaps except Vito) are big CF fans.

Yeah, those damn power metal fans!!!!!! :D

Just kidding Vito - You know I am a HUGE power metal fan too, and will be prancing to the flower metal sounds of Sonata Arctica next week as well.

I never saw Frost live. I recall them opening for Anthrax and Exodus at the Aragon.

Should be interesting to hear their new album.

My ticket:
DSCF0078Small.jpg

And the cover for Monotheist:
Monotheist.jpg

H2CF_News_01b.jpg

See you on tour.

Dr Morbid

I can tell you I have direct info that the band is not happy about the pricing and fought their management furiously over it. I bought my ticket way before the show was confirmed earlier this the week.

Well, I paid $110 to see Dream Theater at MSG in 04.

Word of touring with Emperor. Stay tuned on the CF site and web forum.

Credits for the album and art:
"Monotheist" 2006
PDR/Century Media
Art: Michel Casarramona & Martin Eric Ain

I also posted this on another forum here, referring to Monotheist's closing trilogy:

"Tryptich" is a term that refers to the art style of three panels, with a larger center one and two outer panels, each half the width of the center to allow them to fold onto it. Bosch's Ye Garden of Delights was like this, as much catholic art was at one point. Frost used the Hell panel for Into the Pandemonium. There is speculation about what "Tryptich" is referring to for the album's closing trilogy. "Synagoga Satanae" is some 14 minutes long.

While CF should have no problem drawing large crowds to their shows because of how highly anticipated this reunion/tour is, I think those high ticket prices are going to hurt them, particularly in terms of getting newer fans to come check them out. The diehards like myself would spend twice as much as that if necessary because, well, we're diehard fans. But your average 18 year old who's heard and read about CF and might be interested in checking them out is probably not going to spend that money to see them. While I'm sure alot of the old fans say "good, we don't want a bunch of newbie youngsters there anyhow", I can almost guarantee you that CF themselves don't agree and would love to be exposed to new, young fans.

Adding some other "big" bands to the bill like Emperor will help make that ticket price seem a bit more feasable at least. Celtic Frost/Emperor would be a pretty hot show, with maybe a really good opening act as well. I sure wish it could be us, but it'll be a cold day in hell before the promoters put a band like us on the bill unfortunately.

NvmbrsDoom5 said:
Celtic Frost/Emperor would be a pretty hot show, with maybe a really good opening act as well. I sure wish it could be us, but it'll be a cold day in hell before the promoters put a band like us on the bill unfortunately.

Don't worry. This is the US remember?
That means the opener will be yet another metalcore act on Metal Blade or Roadrunner.