Charles is the new Seven Witches singer!

Originally posted by MHz
Well then its only for us to wait and see.
BTW, Silke. It would be fun if you could get a statment from Chulle and hear what he knows etc

NP: Freak Kitchen - My new haircut

I have ask Chulle and he could not say anything about it.

I'm not as pessimist as you, yes Lefay has been dropped by Noise records and they need money to carry on.
But I don't think Charles would leave Lefay by singing in another band. It's more a way to earn some money and make promotion for Lefay, so that they can continue.

Concerning Seven Witches, their sound is rather similar to all 80's American Power Metal bands like Metal Church, old Savatage, Vicious Rumors....but with (much) less talent :Smug:

Last album is ok and they are really good musicians though :loco:

WVM, you all put it pretty well I think.

I'm not too sure about that promotional aspect Fangface mentioned (I wish I was *sigh*)
Given that Charles joins Seven Witches and they will be recognized and successful I fear it won't help Lefay that much. Maybe Charles will be too busy doing the Seven Witches stuff, touring etc. (Seven Witches are already confirmed for the Milwaukee Metal Festival in the States at the end of July - wonder who will handle the vocals....)
And I don't believe he will be becoming that rich either....

BUT: all of this is still based too much on speculation.
We'll have no other choice than waiting for his very own statement and I hope he will also clear up what will happen (or not happen) to Lefay if he joins Seven Witches.

About Seven Witches: I like their latest release.
WVM, you may want to check them out on their website . There are some reviews and sound samples so you can check them out yourself. Music isn't easy to discribe with words.

In my opinion Seven Witches will never become very popular, maybe a quite known band but no more.
I must admit Jack Frost is still a well known guitarist in the USA Metal scene, and his live playing with Savatage made some good press about him.
Anyway SW are not among Sanctuary Records' priorities, and it won't be enough to sell thousands records if Frost doesn't improve his songwriting and personal style...

The problem is that SW seem to change their singer every two years lol, I'm not sure Charles would stay all this life in this band ;)

That's why I think it could be in the short term a way to promote Lefay in foreign countries, for example if Charles helps for the next SW album or a couple of shows and then come back to Lefay.

As long as he doesn't make a bad choice between two bands...*crossing the fingers* :err:

If Charles were to join Seven Witches it might help bring a little attention to Lefay. If he does I also hope it's only as a side project type of thing.

I think it's kind of interesting that Jack is interested in having Charles in the band, especially since Charles can do a dead on version of Jon Oliva.

If you haven't checked it out already get Tad Morose's "Matters Of The Dark". It's absolutely amazing and Charles does a cool co-lead in one song and backup on the rest.

The thing about hoping Charles doing Seven Witches as a kind of side project is: I don't believe Jack wants a vocalist who is not 100% dedicated to the band. On the top of that it is not the easiest thing to have a band in the US plus a vocalist in Sweden.
Well...I don't know what to think about all this.

http://people.freenet.de/prettiesforyou/interviews.htm

In this Jack Frost interview there's a strange answer...

"PFY: How did you meet the other guys of Seven Witches and were did you get the name?
JF: Well the name was made up by our last singer. When he left the name stayed. As for the guys. I know Joey Vera for years. When our bassist left he was my first choice. As for Wade Black, Thom Youngblood of Kamelot hooked us up. As for Brian James Rivera. See its just a lot of buds that know each other."

James Rivera he said????
It's Destiny's End and Helstar's singer (and a good friend of Jack)......not Lefay's singer ;)

Ok I don't want to start another rumor lol, wait and see.

Originally posted by Fangface
http://people.freenet.de/prettiesforyou/interviews.htm

In this Jack Frost interview there's a strange answer...

"PFY: How did you meet the other guys of Seven Witches and were did you get the name?
JF: Well the name was made up by our last singer. When he left the name stayed. As for the guys. I know Joey Vera for years. When our bassist left he was my first choice. As for Wade Black, Thom Youngblood of Kamelot hooked us up. As for Brian James Rivera. See its just a lot of buds that know each other."

James Rivera he said????
It's Destiny's End and Helstar's singer (and a good friend of Jack)......not Lefay's singer ;)

Ok I don't want to start another rumor lol, wait and see.

Hello... You have just misunderstood this comment by Jack because of a typo from the website you got it from. He means that he met Brian Craig through James Rivera. James, of course, is bandmates with Brian. James at this time has no intention of playing with Seven Witches. Of course that can all change, but I just spoke to him. I have been friends with The Destiny's End boys for a long time and know Jack as well.
Nothing at ALL is set in stone and I cannot understand what all the fuss is about if it's just a rumor. We should not get all worked up over something until we know it's true. There are other people being considered for the position as well. Just chill for a bit and we'll have an answer soon. :p

Your English is fine... It's the fact that the webzine that you got it from left out two key words... Maybe Jack didn't say it right either, but they should've put it in () like this: "and Brian (through) James Rivera". That would've made more sense. Is it an American webzine?

I hope even if Charles does join SW, this doesn't affect his schedule with Lefay. If it does, then I'd rather he stay with Lefay. That's where he belongs. I like Jack Frost and SW but Lefay has to carry on with Charles on vocals!