Charlie

jacksonusa

New Metal Member
Dec 15, 2003
Is it me or did Charlie just fricken RULE a the Clear Lake Show? Is he such a great drummer that I don't think Dave Lombardo (Slayer) can hold a candle against him!!

Rock on Charlie! :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :headbang: :headbang:

Reactions: CyThrax
Yeah, Charlie ruled at the Clear Lake show. Except when he tried to throw a drumstick to the crowd and left it about 5 feet short and it landed behind Bush!

He always rules! Hell the whole band ruled last night! Can't wait till all their re-recordings and live stuff comes out.

:worship:
Charlie is God. The reason drums and metal exist. There is none better. Flint show had best damn drum solo I've ever heard, anywhere, ever.
:headbang:

Reactions: crystlpalace
He can bring it. I just remember several shows where he would throw in double in places you didn't expect and just be like fuck yeah. He makes simple beats just rock like the way John Bonham did and he has the skills of a Neil Peart. Is it me or when you listen to TTMB and you hear the thundering bass drum in that song does it remind of Tommy Lee's style with Motley Crue a little bit. Anyway no real comparison because Charlie fucking rules. Can't forget his jazz beats on Nobody Knows Anything.

Charlie's intro on "BigFat" reminds me alot of the "jazzy" bridges that Neil does all the time on Rush's recent instrumentals, especially in "Where's My Thing".

Unfortunately, Anthrax's music kinda dictates that he play a certain style. It takes a great drummer to stand out on straight ahead 4/4 time and Charlie has done that time and again. I bet he would blow us away if allowed to play a different style or odd time signature.

Oh hell ya.
He's the best drummer out their. Period.
I could listen to him all day. Extremely talented and very underrated by the rest of the music world.